PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Now I'm quite pleased after receiving this very estate BBB Sliver Grain 675 from smokingpipoes.eu it was better than I was expecting it to be, and what's more important it is the long stem large billiard in accordance to classic British standards,just what I wanted,

cimg0201-600x450.jpg

cimg0202-600x450.jpg

cimg0203-600x450.jpg

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Congratulations! I have an estate BBB in a similar shape but the chamber is a bit deeper. Makes for a phenomenal Va smoker!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Something special indeed. A case where understatement is a powerful design.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thanks for Your words boys,I may still buy one another

Britwood'but with the smaller chamber in the same long and lean shape chart,if so, I'll post a picture of it.

Mso 489 did hit on the nail saying'' where understatement is a powerful design' who could put this better, and Yes after my initial smoke I was surprised how well this one performs, apparently, they made well-engineered pipes back in the days.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I thought that looked familiar. Yup. Having a shorter stem changes the shape number to 606, but otherwise the same pipe:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/1960s-era-bbb-best-make-billiard-smooth-finish
Nice catch, Paul. Although the BBB name stopped having anything to do with Blumfeld and what the company was through the 1920's, that doesn't mean the later ones were second rate. I've seen some quite excellent specimens, and the one linked to is one of my best ever smokers. As reliable as gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.