PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I wonder if pipe smoking is climbing (increasing). If it is, it may not after the deeming regulations kick in. I'd be fascinated to be inside the retailer loop that tracks these trends, and all of their spikes and troughs. I think the statistics are closely held from competitors and the public, to avoid consumer reactions to the down trends. An outfit like SP certainly suggests that, either, there is a sound up-tick, or they are taking the market from other smaller retailers, or some of each. I'm fascinated by retail in general, that area of play between what people simply need to live and their imagined needs and desires. The invisible kingdom.

nunnster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2019
I said it in a post a couple months ago, but I'm a firm believer that smoking pipes is on an upswing again. Be it people who are trying to capture something from days of yore In a modern era or just that people are starting to notice that it's way better than cigs (in terms of flavor) I've noticed lots of my peers (hitting mid to late 30s) are taking an interest in the pipe. Maybe not a "real" pipe smoker, but ones who would sit down a few times a year with a pipe rather than a cigar. And I do mean that in relative terms of course (14 years ago, no one seemed interested in pipes but old guys and myself in my circles) but I think that it is honestly gaining popularity.

Reactions: Bengel

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
I said it in a post a couple months ago, but I'm a firm believer that smoking pipes is on an upswing again. Be it people who are trying to capture something from days of yore In a modern era or just that people are starting to notice that it's way better than cigs (in terms of flavor) I've noticed lots of my peers (hitting mid to late 30s) are taking an interest in the pipe. Maybe not a "real" pipe smoker, but ones who would sit down a few times a year with a pipe rather than a cigar. And I do mean that in relative terms of course (14 years ago, no one seemed interested in pipes but old guys and myself in my circles) but I think that it is honestly gaining popularity.
I git into pipes when I was 19. I first got interested from my love of tge works of C.S Lewis and Tolkin, abd my love of history and seeing people like General McArther. I have also noticed some younger people in my unit asking me about pipes and even some asking me to teach them so the art of pipe smoking will live on.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
As long as super geeks like me and sabblebrush and hoosierpipeguy,and Jiminks and Piestud and George and NPod and Cosmic and MSO and Embers and others are still smoking, pipe smoking will survive.
i-like-the-gbpcng.jpg

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
This article identifies some of the reasons I prefer to smoke a pipe, enjoy a cigar from time to time and no longer smoke cigarettes at all.
Yeah same here I also ob occasion smoke a cigar and completely gave up ciggerets, and I also use dip still but am trying to get away from it

Status
Not open for further replies.