PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
Yes, I checked it out a few times. Tells you how to do all kinds of stuff.........

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Concern for one's own manliness is but a step away from metrosexuality.

sumusfumus

Jul 20, 2017
New York City
@ sablebrush52....
I just did a perfect, "spit-take" while drinking my morning coffee. Hilarious comments. Thanks....you made my day start with an out loud, laugh.
Interesting article. Some of these brief, "how-to-smoke-a-pipe" tutorials can be informative, especially for the first time pipe-smokers. I wish I read a few how-tos" before I loaded my first briar with Mixture No. 79, and freight-trained my head into the nearest toilet.
But.... some of the older, vintage tutorials can be a bit ridiculous. I could just see a bunch of mincing GQ fops, showing up at a pipe show, wearing brocade, smoking jackets! "The Manscaped-Millennial-Metrosexual Snowflakes of The Briar".
Grab your chest wig, and merkin and meet me at the Dunhill table.
Frank

NYC

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
It looks like I poked a hornets nest about being manly. I'd say more...but it's time for my weekly waxing.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Me testicles have testicles....
jay-roger.jpg

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
Sable I believe you are right...unmanly. Lazar may have hit on something that these blogs are written by metro dudes who think wearing flannels and growing beard is equal to smoking a Marlboro Red and dragging heavy stuff with chains so big they would slow down the meanest pit bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.