Thanksgiving: After you feasted, what did you smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I have found that cornbread dressing and Capstan blue are p.d.g. together. The former with a spoon, the latter with a Castello Old Antiquari.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
War Horse Bar in my Savinelli Rustica Billard

@prariedruid - how do you like the Warhorse? I've yet to try it, but find it very intriguing from the description

mathteacher

Lurker
Nov 20, 2016
I've been alternating between Regents Flake and Sliced Black Twist all week. Yesterday was more of the same.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Hope everyone had a good day yesterday, and got their fill of turkey. I had two dinners yesterday, one at noon and one at 5pm, so I definitely got my fill of great food. Before the Turkey festivities started I had a bowl of Lane Limited Dark Red in my Peterson Sherlock Holmes Squire Bulldog.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Boy, the whole day was indulgence. I broke out the Angler's Dream for morning coffee. While not my usual poison, I found an old pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh that was getting a little crispy, still in the cellophane; I smoked out of this for morning rounds and errands. I liked it well enough I'll finish off the pouch. As kitchen activities commenced, I got into some leftover Middleton Apple (more for nostalgic room note than anything else). Dinnertime included two homemade cigarettes made with a 40/40/20 mix of Kentucky, blond Virginia and Oriental, one before the start of dinner and one between helpings. They were a good match for the Michigan Riesling chosen to complement the turkey. I had a Perdomo Reserve Champagne Noir for the after-dinner walk. By the time the pumpkin pie was polished off, I felt like keeping it to something mild, so I had a bowl of Frog Morton Across the Pond.
It was glorious. :puffy:

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
@prariedruid - how do you like the Warhorse? I've yet to try it, but find it very intriguing from the description
I really like it. Nothing quite like it; been smoking it once a day on a full stomach, this horse has a big kick.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Gawith & Hogarth Black and Brown.
Strong tobacco and Virginia flavor with a nice hint of chocolate for the after dinner sweet tooth.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
After feasting with the wife's family out in Indiana I enjoyed a large bowl of Edleez (out of Albany, NY) Balkan Sobranie bulk blend in a Morgan Pipes Blackjack Chunky Anse. It was a delightful post eating frenzy smoke and got me out of a room with about 40 people warming it up too much. The following day was another feast celebrating 60 years of marriage for my wife's grandparents. After that meal, a bowl of stuffed Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Flake in a Nording. There were approximately 80 people that time, so the room was far too hot and the flakes lasted much longer.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
After eating way more than I should have, I rolled out to the porch and packed a bowl of C&D Autumn Evening and then some P.S. Luxury Twist Flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.