PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Corey (aka layinpipe here on the forums) and I were texting recently during a mad dash at 1am on Black Friday to chase down some Stonehaven. We were talking about different blends and what we liked to smoke. Our likes were similar but our cellars were not. As I got home today I found this:
0013-600x450.jpg

A generous amount of flakes and stronger tobaccos that I have never tried, such as PH Dark Strong Flake, the ever elusive Stonehaven, G&H Dark Flake, GLP Quiet Nights and Triple Play, and C&D Burley Flake #1-3. There was also some Irish Flake and a few others that I cannot see as I type this.
Wanted to give Corey some mad props for a generous sampler. As the box pass just left my house yesterday I feel blessed that the tobacco Gods are watching over me. Maybe I will score my own bag of Stonehaven soon :)
Can't wait to dive in here. Thanks so much Corey.
Dan

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Nice score. It's the generous nature of the forum member here that set this forum above other. Cheers!

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
Nice! Corey is a great dude and an awesome friend. Congrats to both of you. He told me about all the awesome baccy he was sending you last weekend. I'm glad it got to you safely. Cheers from Virginia! Enjoy, my friend!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Yeah Doc,
I saw the post of your get together last weekend. I figured you were in the know about his sampler and am glad that you guys are able to get together in real life and share a few bowls over great conversation.
He told me he was sending me something but I did not expect this much or selection of tobacco. I am definitely trying the PH Dark Strong Flake first. I put some out a few hours ago and will fire it up after my parent teacher conference with my daughter.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Sorry for the fashionably late response, Dan, i haven't logged on in a couple days and just ran across the thread you made today. I hope you enjoy all the samples and find some new favorites, there's some pretty damn tasty stuff in there. It was my pleasure to hook a brother up and i'm glad i could bring you some pipe tobacco joy, it is the holidays after all right? Lol. Do us all a favor and follow up either here or on a separate thread with your impressions/reviews/suggestions on a couple (or more) flakes to help some others who are looking for something similar. Just mainly the stuff that sticks out as a favorite or absolutely terrible and never again. Cheers and again, enjoy it!
teufelhund, i have been a surfer all my life and i was a tad bit of a gigolo of sorts (according to my gf) in my younger college and post college days, sans the compensation for the deed. Mainly i just liked the sort of double entendre and term that dudes use when speaking among one another about sexual conquests, lol. Plus it involves the word "pipe" so why not. That's the crude sense of immature humor i was blessed with, and i hope it never changes.
Jeremy has become a pretty close friend in a short period of time and he is an awesome broski. His wife is pretty awesome too and they are just great people in general. My gf gets along great with his wife, which is golden as many of you know. It leaves us to our pipes and man talk with minimal interruption/nagging. I'd call it a full fledged bromance at this point, and the best part is telling my friends about it and getting a reaction out of the fact that i met a random dude on the internet and now hang out with him about every weekend and smoke pipes. If that's not a loaded topic full of machine gun puns, i don't know what is. It's ok though, i revel in and love the funny retorts and jokes to the awkward and curious expressions, otherwise why would i tell them in the first place? None of my friends smoke pipes or have any idea about the pipe community, so it really makes for great comedic entertainment.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
^Sigh. I wish there were more guys like you out here in Tacoma. I never seem to be able to get together with anyone to smoke.
That is a great thing you did for Yaz. You are a good guy Mr. Pipe.
=)

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I will definitely post some stuff somewhere Corey. Heading to Morley's pipe club tonight and some of that PH is coming with

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
wyfbane, don't fret my friend, you'll find the right guy for you, i just know it! :rofl: Hahahaha, just funnin' ya brother, thanks for the kind words, Dan is a good dude and deserves nothing less. Not to mention he's a jarhead and i got a soft spot for anyone who has served and fought for the good ol' stars and stripes of this great nation. Dan, you can bet the last hair on your ass we are gonna get up and kick it over some good 'baccy and good booze if i ever come up that way or if you ever make it down my way, that's an order! Let me know what you think of the PH, i think you'll dig it.

Status
Not open for further replies.