PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I see this is post 302, and that I have earned the Senior Member status. I was a silent lurker for a fair amount of time. Once I started actually commenting, the flood gates opened. There have definitely been some odd times on here, but nothing is without controversy. For the most part, I've learned a lot and look forward to learning more. But no, I still don't like corncob pipes. I'm sorry.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Keep em coming brother!
And don't worry, I am a cob snob of a different kind :) One who doesn't smoke cobs at all!
My father loves them though!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
We can start a group, we can call it, "We Leave Cobs to the more Simple Palates"!

Think of the hurt feelings! I love it! We will rise above with snobbery! Just wait till we convert everyone over to briar and non aromatics! I can hardly wait! :rofl:

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Ha, sorry didimauw. Fortunately, in all seriousness I think everyone should enjoy smoking exactly as they enjoy it. I tried many times and just never enjoyed the cobs. They have such a rich history that I wanted to but couldn't.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know whether it's the members or the moderators but Forums is a rare oasis of civility online or off. It's a sad commentary when you have to find something as esoteric as a pipe chat group to have a respectful exchange of ideas, but that seems to be the case. Maybe there are stamp collectors and home cobblers who share the same luxury, but maybe not. Glad you joined us crash'.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
You didn't mention the Garden Gnome Aficionado Forum - they get some really heated exchanges over there about Hobbit garden figurines! :rofl:

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
It's not the number of posts but the quality of the words you say, I look forward to your comments, but you still need a cob :nana:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Who in heavens name smokes corn cob pipes?
Me.
They smoke great and I don't have to worry about ghosting an expensive pipe when smoking that Condor crap. Cobs are an inexpensive way for novice smokers to get a handle on the basics without incinerating a quality briar. I love my cobs as much as my briars and my meers.

Cliff_K

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2016
Ferron, Utah
I've seen heated conversations here end in handshake and backslapping far more often then not and it's the main reason I joined this forum.

And crash, congrats on making senior member!

Status
Not open for further replies.