PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
At 55 yrs old, I have just picked up the pipe about 6 months ago. Where I live there is no one to turn to for information about pipes. As my obsessive personality drove me to devour all information available about all things pipes/tobacco, I often ended up perusing exchanges on this forum by way of Google. For example, I wanted to know about some good quality "lesser known estate pipe brands". Where was I led? Here. And, I scored some pipes based on the wisdom I gleaned here. There are many, many other occasions where Google searches led me here to find extremely useful information. Too many to name.

I recently joined the forum and although the forum (Beginner's Questions) kindly states, "there's no such thing as a dumb question", I can tell you that I have already asked a few. What was the response from forum veterans? Kindness. Great, solid information. I am certain I have just started a life-long devotion to the pipe and I owe a great deal of gratitude to this forum and the people behind it for helping me learn a great deal in a short amount of time.

Respect!
Steve

Last edited:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
most important rule if you're enjoying your pipes you're doing it right, if there is something you're not enjoying you're doing it wrong. All the advice such as slow down don't burn your tongue isn't a rule it is advice on how not to burn your tongue. There are always little things to learn so basically welcome aboard the pipe train. It's a journey that seems to continue deepening.
P.S. it's awesome to be able to help another person enjoy such a fun hobby!! So thanks too.

Reactions: danimalia

oldmooner

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2011
Sherman, Texas
Welcome to the club. The "Brotherhood of the Briar" is made up of a great bunch of folks. You should continue to ask your questions as soon as you think of them. You will find that us "old fuds" enjoy mentoring neophyte pipe smokers. Some of are so old that we have more time smoking pipes than others of us have been around. Lots of experience here that needs to be passed on. One basic question that I will answer for you now is that "no, you never have too many pipes".

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Welcome to the club. The "Brotherhood of the Briar" is made up of a great bunch of folks. You should continue to ask your questions as soon as you think of them. You will find that us "old fuds" enjoy mentoring neophyte pipe smokers. Some of are so old that we have more time smoking pipes than others of us have been around. Lots of experience here that needs to be passed on. One basic question that I will answer for you now is that "no, you never have too many pipes".

oldmooner... so good to know there are an abundance of Pipe-Yodas here. I very much want to absorb the wisdom. I'm going to share your statement "no, you never have too many pipes" with my wife. I believe these are the wisest words I have heard yet on this forum (wink).

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Well, there's one thing I must mention about this very forum, there wasn't a day when I did not find something new to me , and that's what keeps me coming back almost each an every day ,,Good, knowledgeable folks all around, the forums like our is becoming a rarity today, and I'd reckon this is the very best existing online pipesmoking community, so You brand new and seasoned pipers as well,take my word,do not look further but rather join up here

Last edited:
Reactions: rogers

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Welcome. I could have written your message myself a year ago. This community is wonderful, kind, and has great information to share. As I sit here reading the forum, enduring the wait between my 9 day ago fractured tooth extraction and the 2-3 weeks I plan to wait before smoking a pipe/cigar again, I can say that this is a community well worth belonging to. Argh, welcome aboard matey!

Status
Not open for further replies.