PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Been laid up (which is worse than usual) for a couple days. Wife didn't even complain about the pipe in bed. Yesterday she said I had a package. OK, well, all our food is delivered from local services and Walmart online. She assured me it was just Walmart.

So, I get around to looking today and got a package from scrooge. I can't even begin to type all the stuff in it, but two beautiful pipes, some totally enticing stogies, and everything from Prince Albert to all sorts of plugs. Tinned Stanwell and Five Brothers Pouch.
Charles Dickens would certainly know the ghosts did their job. Has anyone ever thought they would hear this: THANK YOU, Scrooge!
To the AnalGrammarians, I have not put my glasses on for two days, so forgive any mishaps. I'm still shaking my head at the kindness of all. And, I am hoping for better days when I can bless others with the kindness shown me.

Thank you.

David

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
That is just too cool David. Hurry up and get to feeling better, enjoy the care package from Scrooge.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Best healing, and don't doze off with the pipe in bed. I hope for good reports. Scrooge done good!

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Thanks for all the kind thoughts. Even on my worst bouts I still consider them good days. Either I sleep more, which is not a bad thing, or I can watch documentaries ad nauseam.

I used to run a political forum where the posting was hot and heavy. Too much.

Coming here where interests are pretty much the same is such a nice laid back pace.

I would have never known about D&R Perique if not for reading here today. It's not on SPC.

Just such a unique thing here. And, without waxing religion, it just seems there is some spirit to smoking a pipe and the others that do.

David

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Hope you are back up and at it soon.
"Scrooge" sounds like a coverup for a good guy!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That's totally awesome. Hope your hurts heal and you can be up and around and causing trouble as usual.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Man, I love this community ... reading about stuff like this makes me feel warm on the inside. Scrooge ... respect man !!! David hope you get back on your feet soon

Status
Not open for further replies.