PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I recently returned from the Seattle Pipe Club's Annual Dinner & Auction held at Smokey Joe's in the Seattle area. As the guest speaker at their dinner I was overwhelmed by the organization of the event and the unbelievable hospitality they showed. There were about 50 people in attendance include a half dozen lady pipe smokers, and movers and shakers in the pipe world including four of the Guss brothers, tobacco guru Joe Lankford and pipe book author and Briar Books Press tobacciana book seller Gary Schrier.
Smokey Joe's itself is a cigar lounge and bar that is roomy, quaint and had a wonderfully professional wait staff that took care of our every need. The auction items included beautiful unsmoked handmade pipes by some of America's finest pipe makers including Lee Von Erck, Joe Skoda and Joe Nelson (Old Nellie).
The food was indescribably delicious. I can't even pronounce the names of some of the exotic fare served.
The Seattle Pipe Club absolutely rocks!
Best,
Pipestud

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Stud,

Glad that our area did you right!
Because of the hours I work, I'm not able to join the SPC, but when I retire, Nellie bar the door!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
It was a pleasure meeting you, Pipestud.

I enjoyed your humorous style. I'm glad you had a good time.
One of the many advantages I have as a club member is meeting other pipe smokers from exotic far away places (like Texas).
Seattle may not be a smoke friendly place, but if any of you are traveling here on the second Wednesday of the month, you will be welcomed. Seattle Pipe Club
For those of you who are not members of a pipe club - join one! Or start one.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
If I may I would also like to thatnk the Seattle Pipe Club for their Mississippi River blend. I wish it was available in tins again... Side note I need to buy more jars.

branzig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2014
I live on the eastern side of Washington state, but at some point I am going to have to make my way over to Seattle and take part in one of the Pipe Clubs events. They always sound like such a blast! :puffpipe:

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I was lucky enough to be there too. It was a wonderful event; it always is. The venue is indeed amazing, but what really makes the dinner so great is the people in the club. Every year they turn out in force for the dinner, and every year they make the evening fun and memorable.
Steve's talk was a big hit, the catered food top-notch, and the silent and live auctions packed with neat stuff that was pretty near irresistible (I picked up three things myself). Let me echo Philip's encouragement to attend a meeting if you're ever in the area. You won't be disappointed.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I am going to have to make the trip down to a club meeting soon. Wednesdays are tough for me, right now but maybe in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.