PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
...for Carter Hall, cob pipes and coffee.

20140824_134841.jpg

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
That's a pretty sweet combination -- chair on the patio, black coffee and CH in a cob. Life is good.

Mar 1, 2014
How big a difference does the pipe cover make?
Does the cover greatly expand your possibilities or is it just modifier on something that could still be managed otherwise?

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Never had Carter Hall but a pipe and coffee is always a treat.
On the topic of wind screens I thought it would be very beneficial to me, living in the open plains and all, but I found it reduces air intake making it more difficult for air flow and the bowl goes out a lot more. I've pretty much given up on mine.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
How big a difference does the pipe cover make?
None to me. Just a wind screen to keep your bowl from getting to hot and burning out your pipe. Great investment for a couple bucks...

Jul 29, 2014
I'm pretty interested in some info on that cover myself. ease of use and removal. something that may come in handy in the wind or that "loaded for later" pipe bouncing around in the truck

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I live in a windy area, at least it seems when I go out for a smoke. One of the main advantages of the screen is it prevents ash and embers from flying out. Of course you could cup your hand over the pipe but Im also a clencher and I like to have my tablet with me. It is easy on and off and I do not have any problems with air restriction or heat build up.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
What a wonderful picture depicting one of the moments we (should) all live for. You've got your priorities straight, leacha. :clap:
...And to think, it doesn't require a $500 artisan pipe, or a $20 tin of boutique tobacco.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
I love me some Carter Hall. One of my go to tobacco almost every day. Don't smoke a cob but drink to much coffee. Great pic and good times!!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
...And to think, it doesn't require a $500 artisan pipe, or a $20 tin of boutique tobacco.
My sentiments exactly.

A good cob or a $500+ pipe.... same end result.

Life can be simple if you choose it to be. :wink:

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Right on Phil. Got a cob loaded with Frenchy's Sunza Bitches right now. :puffy:
tinner

Status
Not open for further replies.