PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
As if Monday's aren't bad enough, I received terrible news today.

Last Wednesday, when we got home from work, my wife and I noticed that one of our dogs muzzle looked swollen.

Upon examining her mouth, we found her front gums very swollen. Took her to vet Thursday morning and was told

they were tumors. Got the lab results today that they are cancerous. Radiation treatments are not possible because

they would be $3,500.00 each and she would need several. We simply can't afford that. Our only option is to give her meds to make her as comfortable as possible. It is a pretty aggresive cancer and the vet gives her 4 to 8 weeks. Needless to say, we are devstated. She is 5 years old, a bloodhound, great Dane mix. She has the look of a bloodhound but the size of a great Dane. 140 lbs. Her name is Duchess and she is the best dog we have ever had. I would really appreciate it if any of the dog lovers here would give your dog an extra hug for me.

Thanks folks.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
m5yjv9E.jpg
Lost this one to cancer 8 months ago.Wolfie,believe me my friend,I feel your pain...GOD BLESS,Dave...

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Prayers for you and your loved one... So sorry, man. I lost my favorite dog to cancer too. Broke my heart...

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I lost my dog 3 years ago.She was in a lot of pain,and they couldn't do anything to help her.I had her put to sleep.I know it's really hard,but it's best not to let her suffer.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Never an easy thing... dogs love unconditionally. Sorry to hear about Dutchess.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
So sorry to hear this batdemon. Just gave my Papillon an extra hug. You will all be in my prayers tonight.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Man, it is an amazing thing how animals can become just like family. I will pray for peace in your family and that your friend can be as comfortable as possible

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family.
Bloodhounds are a great dog. Our BoJo was with us a long time - our daughter thought he was her brother. Family is family.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Poor doggie. Glad you guy are trying to minimizing the pain and discomfort. Thoughts with you all.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Sorry to hear bat - we lost 3 of our dogs in the past 3 years. Always very hard. Best of luck during this difficult time.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
So sorry to hear of that terrible news. :cry: My old Mini Schnauzer is going to be 13 this fall, and I've noticed the gradual decline for the past couple of years. I will be an absolute mess when that little dog finally gets ushered through the Pearly Gates, as I've had him longer than I've had my human son. They're not just dogs...they're family.
My condolences, I pray that she has a painless passing, and that you and your family are able to find comfort in fond memories.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Sorry to hear about your dog. Sometimes I feel like I'm lucky because the only other dog I've had in my life lived to be 18 before I had to have him put down. I was just glad for all the time I had with him and seeing him every time I came home from the service and he never forgot me. I don't believe that it makes it any easier no matter when you lose a dog. If at any point you were able to say, this is my dog it sucks whether they were with you 3 months or 18 years. I'm sure you were a great owner and will cherish your memories of Duchess. God bless.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
I recently lost my best friend and I know the agony you are in. I gave my new friend an extra hug, thinking of Dutchess. Good Luck.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
It will be difficult, but you and your family might want to discuss having your dog put to sleep rather than watch your pet get worse over the 1 to 2 months timeframe according to your vet.
I would never want a pet to suffer.

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
@Batdemon:
So sorry to hear the devastating news about Duchess. Dogs are such endearing members of the family. I lost my Dog Ritchie about a year ago, but he lived a long life. I could not even imagine losing my other two dogs Calvin or Macie. I will definitely give them extra hugs. I will pray for you in this time of great sorrow.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
So sorry to hear this - losing a pet is tough, no matter what the circumstances are.

Status
Not open for further replies.