PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
After the show, I asked my wife what she thought of the show. She liked it, but was really bored, since I was doing show things, while she was watching TV in our room. Since she doesn't like smoke, asthma and allergies, she could not hang out in the tent.
Next year, we want to have a smoke free area for the wives / girl friends can hang out. This would probably be a conference room. There could be coffee, chairs, puzzles, craft items. This would be a place for sewing, crochet and anything else that women would enjoy, while they talk.
Ask your wives. Would they enjoy something like this? What would they want?

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Mrslax came to a few show a few times back in the good old days before the tent and she survived. The public areas of the hotel are smoke free and have some nice seating areas. I suppose you could talk PR in comping the club a nice golf wing room with a patio. The KC club treated some of the wives to a manicure at the spa one year that has she really enjoyed. 8O

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Ask your wives. Would they enjoy something like this?
I just now got them all into the same room and asked. Eleven said yes, four said no, and one was still pouting about something from yesterday so refused to answer.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
Now the question is, do you want all wives sitting together? I mean I hear some people occasionally devalue the price of purchases... as to not get in trouble. They unite and the secrets are out lol

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/actress-linda-blair-w-chippendales-dancers-news-photo/50736367

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
o.jpg

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It sounds like a good idea- Greta has a huge issue dealing with the smoke in the tent(and I usually take a couple of weeks to recover myself...but one alternative might be mimosas, pedicures, and entertainment...:) (Sorry, couldn't resist!)
...and to actually throw out a valid idea- how about offering golf lessons for the wives? An ideal location...and I think that might be fairly popular...
o.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Not a bad idea. My brother had his house tented for termites, and he hasn't had any problems since.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Without going to too much extended effort, maybe groups of wives would like to arrange group outings to not-distant destinations like a botanical garden, museum, discount mall, or whatever is a popular excursion. Okay now for a stereotype, but women like sociability even more than men, so would like some company. The room set aside for them sounds good, if the activities offered had an opportunity for socializing -- card tables, board games, etc. and the needle work area sounds possibly good, depending on the interests. And some women would like striking out on their own to something they'd enjoy that might not grab others, though those folks probably already do that. Nothing worse than going somewhere as a partner and not seeing things close by that you'd enjoy a lot. We've all been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.