PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Many women are good managers, and I don't mean that in a sly way. They manage well. So given an opportunity, I think they'll take it from there. It would be important to make things known and available in advance so no one felt left out. They might let some guys tag along to particular destinations, or not -- their call.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Sounds good.
This year was my first pipe show ever. I had a ton of fun. Next year's goal is to have as much fun as I did this year.
......and come home with some leftover booze and beer, not just drink it all there.
I met some great people and had fun. I brought a friend, and it was his first pipe show too. He makes pipes as a hobby. He brought his wares, and sold two. He learned a ton and met some of his 'idols'.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If the show remains in Pheasant Run, that is within striking distance of many possible field trips for spouses or anyone. You don't want too many people leaving the show at once for tourism, but certainly no spouse should be left in the hotel room watching TV unless they want to. Even for pipers, Iwan Ries, The Art Institute of Chicago, and Millennium Park make a good cluster of destinations, a full day, maybe before or after the show. But there are many other single destinations, like the Botanical Gardens, that would make a good one-stop trip for people not involved in the show.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Are you guys married to your grandmothers? Board games, knitting? Arrange a bus to downtown and turn them loose.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
doc', you have to allow for a range of tastes. For some people, a restful stay with no cooking or household doing would be real good. For others, give 'em the bright lights and downtown. Others want to be outdoors to walk or really hike. So you have to visualize a range of activities, even knitting. Some knitters like to be where they can people watch. I have even observed some knitters in church! It's like any group beginning with families, it's going to be mixed aspirations. I think if you had four different offerings well publicized in advance, most would find something they like. If we were all attending an event that specifically interested our wives, some of us would be happy watching games on TV with a beer, and others would want to go kayaking, and some to the history museum, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.