PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

doctorthoss

Preferred Member
Oct 6, 2011
I'm going to blatantly steal and idea from our Colorado brethren and ask that everyone from Tennessee give a shout out on this thread. For one thing, I'd love to know how many of us there are. Secondly, it would be nice to see if there's a possibility of some of us getting together for a meet/swap/whatever if we're close enough to each other. I firmly believe East Tennessee (where I live) probably has a higher per capital pipe smoking population of anywhere in the US (along, perhaps, with western NC). It might be getting rarer to see a guy with a pipe in his mouth, but it's still not exactly rare. Up until about 4 or 5 years ago, the Knoxville metro area supported four good B&Ms, two of which competed nationally with Pipes & Cigars, Smoking Pipes, Cup o'Joes, etc., and still have two decent ones (not even counting the many, many tobacco stores with drugstore pipes and a selection of Lane/Stokkybie bulks).

petes03

Preferred Member
Jun 23, 2013
There's a few of us here! I'm in Bradley county, just north of Chattanooga.

tennsmoker

Preferred Member
Jul 2, 2010
Doc: I'm in Knoxville as well. I recall Knox Cigar. Great place, which provided me with many a pipe and tobacco.

easttn

Oct 7, 2013
I'm in Greeneville. I chose my sitename (eastTN) in hopes of finding nearby pipers. Thanks for starting the thread.

bigmike

Preferred Member
Apr 24, 2012
Born and raised in Bradley County myself. Hope to be back there soon...............

petes03

Preferred Member
Jun 23, 2013
@lawmax3. You're not very far from me, maybe 1/2 hour drive. If you come down to Cleveland sometime, shoot me a PM. If I'm available we can meet up and smoke a bowl if you'd like.
@lochinvar. I'm in Gatlinburg at least once or twice a year. I'm sure you're well acquainted with Richard and the guys at the Gatlin-Burlier, nice place and great guys!

doctorthoss

Preferred Member
Oct 6, 2011
Thanks everyone. Seems like most of us are in E. Tennessee, with most in the north. This doesn't surprise me. I also doubt that 1 in 10 pipe smokers in this part of the country have ever ordered online or even looked at a msg board, so it's good to see a few of us. I live in Knoxville but was born/grew up halftime in the Cocke County Metro Area (my parents split when I was a kid, so I lived both places).

lochinvar

Preferred Member
Oct 22, 2013
@petes03 Yes Richard is one of my very closest friends, I just took him some Crown Achievement and Exotique the other night. Drop a line when you are next up this way, we will kill a tin between us.