Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Pipes Magazine does not condone nor recommend for anyone to try to circumvent paying their taxes on tobacco. Any posts or threads of such nature will be deleted.
Whatever you decide to do in this area is your own personal decision.
Based on recent and past thread deletions, it has become painfully obvious that some people need to be told that if they decide to break the law that they shouldn't post about it in public forums.

Reactions: Cap
Jul 15, 2011
Welp, there goes my plan for an underground tobacco and homemade moonshine smuggling operation. Thanks a lot Kevin! :wink:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm kinda surprised it came to you having to make a statement, but there you go.
-Jason

balcifer

Lurker
Jul 9, 2013
Taxes can be a bitch give you an example a 50gram pouch of Mac Baren Scottish Blend here in Montreal Canada will cost about $20 where as in the United States 100gram tin will cost $9 to $10 cheaper. I was once told by my tobacco dealer that for a box of cigars there was a duty of almost 300% on tobacco imported into Canada.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
My favorite was an online story where some girl had successfully robbed a bank. Then she posted pictures of herself, with her face showing, on youtube, with the money and the bag of weed she'd bought. She was wearing the same shirt from the bank's surveillance video. The last pic in the story was her being led off in handcuffs. Wearing the same damn shirt!

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Simnett at Least she had her favorite shirt with her when she went to the big house! I agree with the sentiment of the story though. People feel invulnerable behind a screen and don't realize your MORE vulnerable, your leaving a written confession leading straight to your address every time you post anything.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
How is evading tax, that is, preventing a bunch of crooks from stealing some % of your personal income, breaking the law? This is the world upside down. I do personally try to avoid paying for any tax when I can, and I do encourage other people to do it as well. Of course, after reading the initial post, I won't be buying anything from this site, but I cannot help myself saying this. If taking 100% of someone personal income is theft and slavery (nobody can argue against this), at what percentage it is just tax (99%, 80%, 55%, 20%, 1%)?
evasion_zpsed1f60e9.jpg

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Just when you think a dumber statement can't be made. The problem with making something Idiot Proof is then someone goes out and makes a better Idiot.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Since his joining, I often wonder if jorgesoler is just laughing at us all....

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Since his joining, I often wonder if jorgesoler is just laughing at us all....

If he was a troll I could at least understand the stupidity. Sadly I think that is not the case.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
The fact that government agencies (IRS) have the power to shut down personal freedoms either through arcane tax laws or just plain fear is chilling. However most of us live in some semblance of a democracy and bear the responsibility for whatever tax situation we find ourselves in. (I have to keep reminding myself of this)
To the evaders, I'd say do what you have to do, but be ready to take the consequences. We also can't expect others who don't share our views to condone our own brand of civil disobedience, so using this forum to plan unlawful activities makes us all conspirators, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.