PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I just spent the whole morning filling out tax forms for our beloved government. What a lot of hoops they make us jump through even when we don't make enough money to tax!
Anyway when I was finished, I smoked a bowl to reward myself for doing my duty. I have to say, it was one of the best smokes I ever had!
And I owe it all to taxes!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
What did you smoke?

I smoked 1Q ind my Design Berlin bent apple... one of my favorite smokes in one of my favorite pipes. But thinking about it more, it may not have been the taxes themselves that had the beneficial effect. It may just have been the thrill of filling out the forms.
There's nothing more envigorating that multiplying a number by 1 if the difference between that number and the amount entered on line 17b of Schedule R is less than or equal to the amount entered on line 68 of the supplent to Form C of Schedule G, then subtracting 1 from the previous line and entering the lesser of two figures on line 12... or 13, whichever is preferable. It makes my toes tingle just thinking about it.
And to think we have a different obstacle course to run each year. That keeps us alert and prevents our mental faculties from becoming flabby. See, our government does care. And some scoff at our tax code. I say we should all smoke a bowl to honor our congress... preferably before April 15.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Taxes!!! A small price to pay for living in a free county. (Ya You bet) But I love it here. :worship:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I can't do mine without smoking a bowl or 2 first. Rubik's cubes are easier to decipher. But pay them we must: there is no free lunch.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
Taxes!!! A small price to pay for living in a free county. (Ya You bet) But I love it here. [:worship:]
Love the country.... Do not understand why income taxes which are something that the founders would have never agreed with are a small price. It's almost 35% of my income, and that my friend is not small.

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
When I feed IRS Elmo ("Bleed Meeeeeeee! Hehehe.") I write "taxes" backward on a piece of paper and ruminate possible locations that could complete the sentence.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I've never done my taxes using the paper forms. I think I'd hang myself. I use TurboTax because I find that it's easy and great.
-Jason
P.S.- Moved to General Discussion

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, than starting July 1st in MD, we'll have some of the best tasting tobacco in the land as our tax on "other tobacco products" will be taxed at betweeen 55-75%, depending on which new law is passed. Sadly, I won't be able to enjoy any more tasty MD products as I'll make all of my purchases in nearby PA. That reminds me, I have to stock up on Faders "King Eider" blend before July....

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
I'm so glad we don't have to fill out those tax forms here in the UK (unless you have your own business). It is all deducted at source.
It does make me mad that you're taxed when you earn, then again when you spend, or save, or move and even when you die! As they say; the two things in life you can depend on are taxes and death.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Last year, the wife filled amended returns for my work travel mileage, recouping several thousand bucks for each of the past three years. So, this year, the state of Maryland sends me an income statement for the amended refund from last year! Thanks a lot Maryland....

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
There's nothing more envigorating that multiplying a number by 1 if the difference between that number and the amount entered on line 17b of Schedule R is less than or equal to the amount entered on line 68 of the supplent to Form C of Schedule G, then subtracting 1 from the previous line and entering the lesser of two figures on line 12... or 13, whichever is preferable. It makes my toes tingle just thinking about it.

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.