PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Hey everyone, just a few days away from a new TAD list. Would like everyone's opinion, and if you can think of anything else tell me, you'll be able to tell what I like from the list.
Orlik

Wessex Golden Brick

Hal O' the Wynd
Thats all for now, trying to keep it short, any other advice would be nice

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Heck of a kick there mate with the Hal O Wind. It will sure open your eyes with your morning coffee. enjoy
TAD list ordered 5 minutes ago: FMOTT, Early Morn. Pipe, Sir Walter Ralegh Aro.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
My TAD Shopping List:
Altadis Edgeworth Ready Rub Match

Sutliff Kentucky Planter

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake

Lane TK-6

Petersons Perfect Plug
If there are any similarities between any of the aforementioned tobaccos, it is coincidental. :puffy:

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
JChaplick: Looking good there. On the Va/Per side, have you tried Escudo and C&D Sunday Picnic ? I like the flake of the Sunday Picnic.
besides that, can't go wrong with your order there.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Havent tried either of them Mick, I have heard Escudo is very good, never heard of sunday picnic, ill give it a look.
Rigmedic: how is peterson perfect plug? I have been wanted to try it, but I just hated University flake, I really just dont want them to taste the same

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
They don't. Peterson's Perfect Plug is a stout blend. Very good in the flavor department but I have to DGT a bowl over the course of a day due to the Vitamin N. But if you're heading into Hal O' the Wynd country, maybe you like blends that kick you in the gut. Maybe you should look at Five Brothers... LOL!
What are you shooting for? If it's new stuff, check out the McClelland Grand Orientals line. I got the Classic Samsun and it blew me away with its complexity. Definitely NOT a one-dimensional smoke there...
-Jason

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Hmm thats hard to say, I am not a fan of latakia, love virginias Orlik is a fav, Nicotine doesnt get to me that much, I love the sweetness in Orlik, but obviously I dont need it with HOTW.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
HOTW has great flavor, a sweet Virginia taste. I do not think it is as strong as being portrayed. I smoke this blend often and find it medium strength compared to Irish Flake, or 1792. Similar strength wise to Night Cap, you well definitely enjoy! Escudo is also a must smoke in my opinion. Lots of tobacco flavor, similar in strength to HOTW.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
This is how weird it is to be a pipe smoker. One blend that everyone says has a decent Vitamin-N kick is Dunhill's Nightcap. It's a wonderful blend that seems to give no kick at all for me, while 1792 knocked my on my a** and kicked me in the gut for fun. Bully. Irish Oak is another that many have said is a Nic-heavy blend that I love and doesn't do anything to me. I guess I owe it to myself to give HotW a try...
-Jason

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I didnt think HOtW was bad at all when I had it previously, 1792 can make even the best of us turn green though, you really should try, its a great tobacco, I know people who buy it by the 500 gram pack, thats more than a pound

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Actually think I am going to drop the wessex brick for now, just keeping HOtW escudo and orlik

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
A wise choice, I would double up on all three and cellar them. Virginia blends are wonderful aged as you know, might as well start now!

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
haha wish I could, My tobacco budget while at school doesnt permit much cellaring, May split the HOtW up in half and mason jar half, the rest is getting smoked

Status
Not open for further replies.