PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
What is your favorite sweet treat or similar indulgence with a pipe?
I love a Reese's PBC with espresso and a VaPer tobacco, especially Curly Block or similar blends with a bit of spicy perique, like Davidoff Flake Medallions. This is one of my favorite sweet treats! I'm always looking for another blend to pair it with. Any thoughts? Any new nuggets to try?
ATQidnJ.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’ve been really digging Good & Plenty’s lately with a pipe. The licorice goes hand in hand with a lot of the blends I tend to smoke.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Good & Plenty’s lately with a pipe.

I like the sound of that. I love licorice. I will try that.
Also, I enjoy drinking Fanta Pineapple with a pipe in the hotter months. It goes will with non-latakia blends.
And peanuts go well with Virginia blends (for me at least).

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
I keep a bag of hard butterscotch candies/discs nearby for when I experience tongue bite. The sugar helps counter the chemical reaction and alleviate the burn. Sugar cubes work, too.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
npod I think you'll enjoy it! Let me know how ya like it. I also like this milk chocolate and caramel bar that I buy at the grocery store but I can't think of the name of it right now. Goes well with English blends and I wash it all down with some Earl Grey tea. I use loose leaf tea blends and I mix 3/4 black tea with 1/4 Earl Grey and it's just perfect. The Earl Grey by itself is excellent too but it's so strong the flavors can get overwhelming.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Smoke and food are opposites to me. That includes sweets. The flavors destroy each other. Also smoking kind of numbs my stomach and - well it is just a no-go.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
A heavy Latakia blend with some Hershey Chocolate. I put a little piece in my mouth and let the smoke from the pipe melt it. It's a smokey chocolate nirvana taste.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
No eating while smoking for me. I think it would just complicate things...I have a hard enough time with tobacco flavors. I usually will eat a Hershey's dark chocolate kiss afterwards though.

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Reese's PBC are my kryptonite. I swear I could eat a dozen of those things at a time... With coffee and a pipe? Yes, that's definitely going to happen. Thanks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm too convulsed with pleasure when eating sweets to smoke. Pipe smoking is more of a savory, even if there is sweetness in the tobacco or flavoring. I love Reese's peanut butter cups, but my wife got some up-market peanut clusters that are so good it's obscene.

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I just can’t get into eating anything while smoking. I have had sweet tea with pipe or cigar at times.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
I never eat while having a pipe, but I enjoy drinking sweet coffee with virginias typically.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I don’t eat while actively smoking either. I was thinking more before or after a bowl or between delights.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
After a nice oriental-forward blend, I sometimes like a bite of bitter dark chocolate. In fact, sometimes I crave it.
My other most common smoke is a mild, sweet English. With that I like to just savor the after taste. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.