Search on Site

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

undecagon

Preferred Member
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Want to know your perfect blend? At least closest to perfect that happens to also be offered by Sutliff? :nana:
Check out their site, it will prompt you to take their "Quiz" and give you your result!
http://www.sutliff-tobacco.com/home.html?s=y
It told me I'd like Blend No. 5, which I have had. It is pretty good, but definitely not my "perfect blend." Although, out of their tobaccos I have had, it is most up my alley, so I guess the test works!

petes03

Preferred Member
Jun 23, 2013
Oh, and looking at all those steaks, deserts, and beer made me hungry!

wnghanglow

Preferred Member
Mar 25, 2012
Blend five for me, quite shocking really seeing as I chose the pie over the steak but still, sounds like a blend I would like when I was in the mood for lat.

wnghanglow

Preferred Member
Mar 25, 2012
Well maybe surliff knows you better than you know yourself ;) or maybe it randomly generates a blend and the questions are just for fun.

tamer291

Jun 26, 2013
It told me that I'd like Molto Dolce. Funny cause I have some on hand. Its good. But not my favorite.

rigmedic1

Preferred Member
May 29, 2011
Interesting idea, and it may help some of the newbies figure out some ideas, but I think it defaults to Molto Dulce when it gets confused, lol. Molto Dulce is way too sweet for my tastes, and that is what it assigned me, no matter how many times I chose "steak".

undecagon

Preferred Member
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Yea, I played around with weird responses (and a lot of neutrals) and finally got Roma Vita.....but I think it likes to say either Molto Dulce or No. 5. Just bottleneck everybody into those two blends!

irwinmetro

May 31, 2013
I was doing fine until Gin/Vodka or Scotch/Rum.
In my prefect world it would be Gin/Scotch vs. Rum/Vodka. The answer would be Gin/Scotch every time. Anyone else getting thirsty?

pylorns

Preferred Member
Aug 20, 2013
Austin
Yeah must default to Molto Dulce, which I'd prob. like but at the same time how much detail is on the back end of that survey if almost everyone got it? Maybe they are just trying to push extra qty of Molto...

dermotfahy

Jul 14, 2013
I told it I hate aromatics, and it recommended Montego Bay! A "Hot Buttered Rum" aromatic...
EDIT: Also, in the "You may also like" sidebar, it recommended "Rum & Maple" and "Irish Creme". Irish Creme after I told it I preferred black coffee to flavored coffee! All three blends are aromatics. Apparently Sutliff knows me better than I know myself...

simnettpratt

Preferred Member
Nov 21, 2011
Ok, just tried to screw up the test and picked the opposite of what I like. It picked Ultra Mild from the Super Value series (contains real tobacco!). I knew a guy who couldn't tell football was better than polo wouldn't know the difference between cherry OTC with a warm can of Milwaukee's Best Light versus Escudo and a wee dram of single malt.