PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Now, I know what you're thinking, "What person in their right mind would smoke a pumpkin spice flavored tobacco?". I was a bit apprehensive about it when I ordered it myself. After having a few bowls however, I'm glad I did.
It's a very nice aromatic. The leaf is Burley with Black Cavendish and Virginia. Like most Sutliff blends, the tobacco is pretty good. The nuttiness of the Burley comes forward a bit and so does the sweet Virginia. The top dressing gives me an overall pumpkin cheesecake flavor. Mostly pumpkin with some hints of nutmeg and vanilla.
It came at a decent moisture level. Not too wet or too dry. It takes a light very well and burns nice and evenly. I've also noticed it doesn't burn too hot. It hasn't given me any tongue bite yet.
Overall it's a solid aromatic that I'll be ordering this time of year every year. If you're looking for a fall seasonal aromatic to puff on, give this one a try.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
I am glad you liked it. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the review.
on a similar note tho...this time of year it's pumpkin everything. Has anyone actually tried JUST pumpkin? It's gross. It's like eating dirt. It's all the Cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and sugar that has to be added to pumpkin to make it edible. Hence pumpkin spice. I Love Pumpkin Pie, but not for the "real pumpkin" taste.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
@lucky.

My great grandmother still makes pumpkin pie from scratch, with real pumpkin.

The only other ingredients are brown sugar, butter, and a little milk I believe. It's the one thing I really look forward to this time of year!

The reason I like it so much is because of the "real" pumpkin, and not that spiced, condensed and processed stuff from the grocery store.
Now keep in mind, the kind of pumpkins she uses are cooking pumpkins, or sugar pumpkins as some call them. They are not the kind you carve faces into!

Cooking pumpkins are very pale in color, almost pink or light pastel orange, and very tasty!
BTW, the baccy sounds nice! Even though I don't get into aros much anymore.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This gave me a little catch in my gullet. I like a good pumpkin pie, but that's about a far as I go. I suspect

that even for pumpkin lovers, this blend will improve when the flavoring fades and the tobacco moves forward

somewhat. Whiskey and rum blends are that way for me, when the flavoring gets pretty subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.