PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
Pretty interesting...got Blend 5 with Balkan Luxury Blend 957 and Berkshire as also might like. It might be accurate although I haven't tried those blends or any from Sutliff for that matter. Would anyone pick chocolate cake or apple pie over steak!?!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A robust English blend with character. Plenty of Latakia, Pressed Virginia, and Burley provide the base.
Except I am trying to avoid more than a smidge of Burley. Anyone guess the approximate % of the baccys?

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I think I'm the 9th, maybe 10th, poster to have been given No. 5. A bit suspect. I think they have a lot riding on the 'do you love latakia/aromatics' question.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
I got Blend Number 5 as well....it's low on my list of the Sutliff Blends though....Fieldmaster, Bosphspellcheck Cruise, Balkan 957, Old San Fran are ones I find significantly better than Blend 5.

Cake or Death

i'll have cake

sorry we're all out of cake

Death or Death

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
To be honest it's a joke of a test.. Quite polarised and nearly rigged.. I mean How can I compare a Steak to an apple pie.. Normally I'd east a steak and then an Apple pie.. Same for cheese and chocolate..

And the last two questions are: Do You like Latakia? Do You like Aromatics?
Take Blend no.5

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Yep. BS then, BS now. I did neutral on every question except for Latakia, which I selected "hate".
I got Fox & Hound... which is a Latakia blend. :crazy:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
How can I compare a Steak to an apple pie.. Normally I'd east a steak and then an Apple pie
Well, I'd eat a steak and then another steak :) And I would never eat chocolate.
Yep, Blend 5 also. Seems like the majority of the above respondents also got Blend 5.

I wonder what that means about us?
We like steak!
I guess they had some extra Blend 5 left and they found a way to empty the warehouse :)

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Mine said Number 5.
I've got no interest in trying another Sutliff blend after trying Molto Dolce. Besides there are way too many good one's from McClellands and H&H to smoke anyway.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
Actually, the questions are not silly at all, and unless the entire thing is a rube, the questions are based on sophisticated modeling of many people's psychological and perceptual leanings.
The quiz gave me a tobacco I have already bought and when I get around to trying it, we will see. Also two other suggestions below I've never tried, but might.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I read Sutliffe..... I've tried several of their blends.....and won't take the quiz, because it'll say...."I don't like Sutliffe"... if it's being honest.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah this machine is rigged, sutliff will try anything to convince someone to try their tobacco.

To be fair, the thing was designed for new smokers, and most new smokers are attracted to the aromatic side of the coin. Note, I said "most" not all.

It you haven't tried the 1849 VaPer, you probably should. It's really good, without any of what turns me off to most Sutliff blends. Yeh, yeh, yeh, I can no longer write them off completely now. 1849 is one that is more than fairly priced, so I put back about twenty tins of it. I highly recommend it to VaPer lovers who like diversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.