Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bought quite a few pipes from this wonderful lady on Ebay, she and her husband I think run an antiques business on ebay or are just hobbyists like most of us and just want to share the joy to the world.
I have gotten a Scandia and a Comoy's Old Bruyere and they are right now with Ric of Briarville for final touchup before I can receive them in a few months. I also got a Kraemer and a Piccadily from her as they were going for a fantastic low price.
She was kind enough to send me and message me a few days ago about a "free" pipe she sent in the package along with the pipes I got as it was the only one remaining with her and she didnt knew what to do with it.
Oh what a surprise today when it was received today at my US address and a few pics were sent to me. I was sent not one but TWO free pipes and one of them being the BBB Own Make.
Here are some pictures of the pipe. Asking for your help to confirm if my findings are correct or off the charts.
Anchor and Lion represents Birminigham?

AF&Co. - Adolph FRANKAU & CO LTD - London, Date 1902?

h - perhaps 1903
Would need you help in correcting dating the pipe.

Will be sending out the pipe to George in November for restoration.
2nd pipe from the right

G0evWJv.jpg

Stem damage

BDkxw8D.jpg

tCVULog.jpg

Marks and Stamps

w2mmmyz.jpg

TEPSvsg.jpg

haLW0HN.jpg

ssJuplh.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Wow. That's a great gift. An unusual shape, but back then BBB made just about every shape you could imagine. Also, it appears to have the "Glokar" stem (is it marked as such?). The Glokar was similar to the P-lip, but more rectangular and (I think) with better airflow. Happy you were able to get such a great pipe.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
At 450 pages, it's the best $35 dollars you'll ever spend:
http://www.briarbooks.com/BBB_1912_Catalogue.html

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Hallmarks; Anchor-Birmingham, Lion passant guardant-Silver Quality, h date mark-1907.
http://www.silvercollection.it/englishsilverhallmarksBIR.html

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You'll have a great rotation. Now slow down and wait for the resulting restorations! 'Be great to see photos of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.