PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Last year they had a huge sale and I got 20+ pounds of C&D for my cellar. There are several blends of theirs that are too yummy to miss out on. I shall continue to buy from them, if not the red VA stuff. :) I am sure we will hear from them soon enough. They are likely in crisis mode and doing their best. Keep calm and eat bacon.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I feel like they have been upfront and honest about everything. Just because Greg isn't jumping to respond on this thread doesn't mean he's not fixing the issues. It seems that there are comments whenever there is something worth commenting. I have no intention of avoiding C&D blends.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've smoked over half of their catalog and never had a problem. They are innovative and I like that. I'll remain a customer of their blends and happily take my chances.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
C&D and Greg are usually very good about responding to complaints on here, and usually end up spinning the complaint into a great selling point.
They may still be reeling from the hurricane or preparing an official position statement instead of making an informal one.
My guess is that if you mail in any of their tobacco with mold on it, you will get a refund or exchange.
Maybe we can attract their attention by posting death metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um12PLiV0jg

I had misspoke earlier. They have made comments on handling any cases one on one. They can't be expected to comment on every new thread started. I was just not aware.

Of course we will support Greg and C&D. One of the things that makes this forum better than any of the others is that these companies and artisans participate with us, but we can't expect them to watch every new thread.

noquarter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 18, 2015
Got 3lbs of C&D bulk ordered for immediate consumption and would reorder once it runs out. I somewhat like their burley dominant blends fresh and dry.

I cellar( which is not a lot) mostly GH and MacBarens.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
It's pipe tobacco, not poisoned food. I'll continue to buy the blends I like from C&D and Greg....mostly Greg......actually all Greg....but anyway, I'll take my chances in the future.
If it works out poorly for me I'll have plenty of Mcclellands to tide me over.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I don't smoke much C&D.I I'm not a big Burley smoker and that seems to be C&D's thing. I do smoke a lot of GLP, although I'm finding Dark Fired Kentucky isn't my thing. In the beginning, GLP was Lincoln to C&D being Chevy. I have noticed in the last few tins of GLP ribbon cut blends (Telegraph Hill as an example), the cut has been very inconsistent. More like a Chevy cut. The mold issues just adds to my slight dismay. Another problem is that I don't smoke many blends sooner than five years except to decide if I like it enough to put some away for the future. Holding a blend and worrying about the possibility of mold is not something I'm prepared to do, whether I love a blend or not. There are a lot of great blends out there now. More than I could ever hope to smoke it seems. My 60 lb celler is about 2/3 McClelland and GLP. They have been the Lincoln blending houses IMHO,and I hope they will continue to be so for a long time to come.
Mike S.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I heart me some C&D and will continue to buy from their offerings. C&D and Pease blends comprise the majority of my cellar. Die hard fan here.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I just ordered a shedload of Burley Flake #1 and Old Joe Krantz, plus the usual order of blending tobaccos. I am looking forward to smoking them like a mad fiend whenever I can, but I will probably let the flake age for at least six months. Aw, heck, who am I kidding? It goes from mail to pipe in short order.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Big GLP fan here also. I am also a fan of many C&D Blends, and will continue to buy their stuff. If anything is amiss, I think they've proven that they'll make it right. No fear here

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I'll continue to buy from them. I am really enjoying the heck out of Kajun Kake, Quiet Nights and Gaslight.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I seem to recall a lot of concern a few years ago about rust inside some MacBaren tins. That crisis seems to have passed."
Yes, it seems to have passed onto Sam Gawith tins. Lately I have noticed on freshly opened tins of Brown Sugar Flake and Golden Glow patches of rust on the inside corners of the tins. I put this down to them not being properly plated at source. I do wonder however how it would be on a tin opened after say five years of being stored.
Regards,
Jay.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I haven't had any issues with C&D and I enjoy a lot of their blends. I'm sure as hell not gonna boycott them, not in this day and age.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
C&D makes GL Pease and Captain Earle's so I will continue to support C&D. The mold issue concerns me a great deal, but I will continue to purchase from them unless the situation grows and gets worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.