PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
So, I went out to my dads place last weekend, and was sitting on the deck, beautiful non humid sunny day, and layed some escudo out to soak up some sun. The next day, after placing it back in the tin I loaded it up.....just amazing.... Even the GF could hardly keep herself away from it. Today was another beautiful day, I sundried about 3 bowls worth of escudo and 5 flakes, smoked one flake......amazing. I find about 30 min in the direct sun seems to dry enough and bring out qualities that make the taste amazing.
Just thought i'd share.
Warren

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Have you compared the sun dried Escudo to any other drying method? I'd like to know if you merely discovered that

Escudo is better dried out a little, or if the sunlight does something more to improve it.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Ive naturally dried it out in an air conditioned environment, and ive tried in the toaster oven.....this was soooooo much better

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Very interesting...I wonder what it could be? I'd love for the humidity to drop here so I can experiment with some aged FVF this way...You might be on to something ska...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been drying a little home tobacco mixture ( I won't call it a blend since I don't press or age it).

I try to use tobacco without any flavoring or dressing. Drying it overnight or even for a few days

expands the flavor a lot. It has little or no bite and really lets forth a pleasing array of flavors. The

drying is done in a shaded part of the room, indoors, out of direct sun.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I dry my tobacco in the sun, every chance I get. I haven't noticed a change in flavor directly attributable to Sun drying, but it's faster and easier than any other method I've used.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Maybe that's it then, just the sun and open air dries it faster so you get better results vs indoor over the same amount of time drying.

Status
Not open for further replies.