PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Changing over to something like vBulletin is a big undertaking, and I do mean BIG! Transferring all the data can be a real PITA with no guarantee that a lot of data will not be lost. But, I gotta admit that I’d really like to see WYSIWYG posting and PREVIEW before hitting SUBMIT. Yeah, the programming here is a tad antiquated but I can live with it. :wink:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
That is with a doubt the dumbest, stupidest, most retarded idea I've heard in the last couple minutes!! The fact that you wasted your time typing it can only be matched by the stupidity that I took the time to read it.
Seriously though, sign me up! LOVE this forum, but it would be amazing if it was modernized.

May 31, 2012
I like the format of this forum. The search function on the other hand.......
Ghost set up a wicked killer custom search engine,

bookmark it!
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=015928064115512826419:w6p75_tdjd0
Very easy to use!
Helped me find this 2 year old modly oldie:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/we-can-has-funny-pipe-picture-thread
:P

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I just want something compatible with tapatalk so I can get alerts on updated threads and easily use my iPhone.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
reddits-ad-sales-pitch-deck-featuring-grumpy-cat-and-the-beastmaster-is-mindblowing.jpg

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
You guys have no idea what kind of shit I deal with, whilst trying to post comments from my iPhone. A little grey box from the home screen frequently hovers over what I'm typing, as well as the occasional jump of my cursor, from the end of the sentence I'm currently typing, to the forums search bar- which means I have to scroll back to the comment box, and replace my cursor in the proper spot. Having this happen three or four times in one comment is excruciating.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Ummm.....seems to work for my ancient iPhone 4 IF I hold it sideways ( landscape ) and stretch out the screen/font a bit. Image links are a PITA but I usually reserve such posts for the Android tablet at home or the proper PC at work.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
There's a few things that drive me crazy, like if you're searching for a forum member which I'll do to let them know a tobacco they want is in stock somewhere, you go to members, go to the letter their name starts with, and you get peoples names from all over the map, so if the actual forums functions worked properly it would be nice, I can do everything else ok. But being able to go to GL Pease and read every post he made would be cool. I have no idea how old this software is as this forum is the only place I've seen it.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
PipesMag is the Drudge Report of the forums, old school and easy to use. I like it that way.
What exactly would be gained from the upgrades?
It works just fine on my phone as is. I can't post pics from my phone but that's probably a good thing.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
There seems to be something overlooked, here.

This is not a stand-alone forum, which would make it more like a club. It is part of PipesMagazine.Com - which is a business. For Kevin, the magazine features are the most important part of the software, I would think.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
The only thing that lacking here is a way to preview before posting. If something goes haywire with an image or a link or text formatting it's like race to get it fixed before the the ten minute time limit. I've missed that limit several times as others have....apparently.
Wouldn't it be great to be able resize images in the edit window? Having a mobile version of the site would be a definite plus. Even the site sponsors should be able to get behind that.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
If you guys think everything is fine as is, that's only because you've never used Tapatalk. The site would still function as is for those who prefer the old ways, but would work in an app form for those who like modern tech.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Jud, it's not overlooked, but there would be more traffic which means more ad dollars. The growth rate could be exponential if modernized.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
Not that the matter is likely going to be put to a vote, but I vote no anyway. Keep it just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.