PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
The only time my wife commented on the smell of my pipe, she said it smelled like rotten eggs when I blew the dottle out. So I took that as a hint and cleaned it good.
But today, upon lighting my pipe, filled with what I ALWAYS smoke (Carter Hall), she said it smelled like Mac and cheese.
What's some funny or odd things people have told you about your room note?

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
sy1OcAy.jpg

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Oh, what do women know anyway about room notes?! These are the people who put potpourri in their drawers and hang linen outside to make it smell fresher. :mrgreen: We guys are used to smelling burnt sawdust cutting lumber for carpentry, used motor oil, or the stench of unclogging a sewer pipe so that family can use the John.
Didi, whenever a woman tells you your pipe smells like macaroni and cheese, that means that all of her cycles are in perfect balance /at that moment/ and that is when you hit her up for that extra-special favor you've been wanting to ask for but were too afraid to ask! :mrgreen:
And serpent-bearer, I would ask her HOW she knows what a burnt toad smells like! Hmmm? I happen to like my toads a little crispy.
I guess I'm lucky in that I am divorced, but aro or english alike, frankly, I've never smelled any of my pipes that returning later to the room after a bowl, didn't smell pretty damned good to me. :puffy:

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
And serpent-bearer, I would ask her HOW she knows what a burnt toad smells like! Hmmm? I happen to like my toads a little crispy.

:rofl:
After a beat, the exact words through my pipe-clenching teeth, was, "And how the f#¢% would you know how that smells?"

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Lol cosmic.
Toobfreak, she actually right after that, told me that when I receive this batch of estate pipes to clean, that I can then start carving my own, and she wants to help! :) So you were spot on, with that comment about the cycles being in perfect balance. I kind of thought she would be mad that I bought them.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
My teenage kids say that Chatham Manor (Carter Hall) smells like caramel corn or cotton candy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Years ago my wife was an unfiltered camel smoker, so she's vaccinated against room notes, but she did comment three times on the pleasant scent of Peretti's Thanksgiving Dinner, a seasonal blend generously sent to me by lasttango. She also made one or two affirmative comments on Iwan Ries Three Star Blue, which is a good tobacco forward aromatic. Since I often smoke non-aros, I have to admit, I haven't ever gotten any room note compliments on any of those that I remember.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
The wife asked me once,"Gee, Honey, what ya smokin?". I replied "Cerberus". Well she said "That smells like SHIT!". Nuff said... :rofl:

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I was told last night that my Ratrays's 7 Medium reserve smells like incense ..

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
"THAT" must be worse than the smell of an anus of a rotting coyote festering in the broiling sun because, each time I fire up Nightcap, swmbo looks over and says, "Oh, you're smoking THAT again."

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
I recenty smoked a new blend called "Beat-Down" blended by UAL and my wife said it smelled like sweaty goons. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.