PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Letting the flakes dry a bit, they are a little "tacky" feeling. Smells great though!
img_20170626_133237-436x600.jpg

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Mine made it to the door unharmed. Letting the age awhile, yes, I'm at that point in my smoking career. 8O

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Will let the other nine tins go forgotten in the closet, but had to smoke one. :mrgreen:

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Chasingenbers, so is it just like what you remember? This will be my first (Lakeland) experience.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
It has a bit of what you would think of a lakeland, though nowhere near Ennerdale. Slight floral background, and would almost swear there's a tonquin note in there. Very nice presence from the Virginia and a bit of earth from the burley. Haven't finished my first bowl yet, smoking on and off at work, but haven't picked out the perique yet. Seems a little less sweet than I remember, but is a lovely smoke. Will buy more.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
The Lakeland essence is subtle. I get the earthiness from the Burley and a sort of heft from the Virginia. I too haven't found any Perique, though it's just been one bowl. I think the constituent tobaccos will meld over time and this will age wonderfully.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Just got mine today and just finished a bowl.
For all of you all worried about the Lakeland essence, I can't stand Lakeland blends and I get none of the soapiness/perfume in this blend at all.
Really nice, leathery blend with the slightest hint of perique (I noticed more as the bowl got down to the bottom) and the Virginia shows off very well with the burley adding that something extra that marries it all together.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I get the earthiness from the Burley and a sort of heft from the Virginia.
Damn! I must be in need, as I carelessly read "Virginia" as a lady part that has letters that make up its spelling.
My tins I pick up tomorrow!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I'm hearing that people are saying that this looks and tastes identical to GH&Co's Louisiana Perique Flake. Wouldn't that be something if that's all it was? Anyone here have experience with both?

Status
Not open for further replies.