PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottspipes

Lurker
Apr 4, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hello all,

I came across this topic and after a brief but thorough look through the archives, I haven't seen a mention of Steven Books in here yet.. I would like to take this time to recommend The "House of Calabash" to all who enjoy great high quality tobaccos. Through his extensive apprenticeships and devotion to the tobacco community, he has produced some of the best smoking blends I have ever sampled. Coming to you fresh from the tobacconist, these tobaccos have all the highest qualities of well-aged and expensive tins of tobacco, without the worry of buying dried out and in need of re-hydration. I cannot recommend this company more highly. Steven Books is a treasure to the tobacco community, and I look forward to sampling new blends for years to come. If you do happen to call, take a minute to speak with Steven directly, he is extremely friendly, and can vastly contribute to your understanding of tobaccos and the like.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks for the recommendation, Scott. There are actually several posts here with reviews and accolades, along with the news announcement here, from last October:
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-news/steven-books-formerly-of-richs-opens-his-own-shop/
Look through the Tobacco Discussion and Review forums and you will find lots of posts about his blends.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I received a baggie of his Canadian Maple blend from a friend in a trade, it's pretty darn good, and probably the best tasting Maple blend I've ever had.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I posted on them too as they sent the West Georgia Pipe Club a nice sampler of tobacco. And I have written reviews on tobacco reviews. I particularly like "for meerschaums only". And dylan has posted about one of their bends either "wild rose" or "young master"

Status
Not open for further replies.