Stem for a Dr. Plumb Dinky

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

phxrock

Aug 18, 2014
Hi guys I am looking for a replacement stem for a Dr. Plumb Dinky, this one is a 1/4 -1/2 bent. It is one of those pipes that you can throw in a shirt pocket(yes it a nose warmer) for a quick smoke. It is a good clencher and about a 15 - 20 min smoke.
The sad thing is one of my dogs found it and decided to use it as a chew toy. The button and a short section of the stem got chewed off. I have been trying to smoke it but it is a challenge.
Hopfully someone can give me direction on where I can find it.
thx

John

snagstangl

Preferred Member
Jul 1, 2013
You can send it out to get it replaced. Or if you have some specific measurements and a picture I might be able to help you out. I have a Dinky on my work bench but I havent gotten around to cleaning it up yet..

phxrock

Aug 18, 2014
Snagstangl I will get some pics DAT try to up load them. The tendon is 14mm x 6mm it does have a stinger in it.

snagstangl

Preferred Member
Jul 1, 2013
Well that doesn't look like the one I have . A quick and dirty fix is just cut the stem off where the bites end and throw a softie bit instead of trying to cut a new button. What is the length of the stem, excluding the tennon?

If you are handy I could send you a stem blank you could shape yourself. Or if you are just looking for something similar give me the pipes dimensions, I'm sure I can find one in my collection that is similar. I have a yello bole pug that would probably meet your needs if you want to replace the pipe.