PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
I have a hard time turning down a sale.... Especially when Stanwells are less than 1/3rd of the original price! No one tell the Mrs about this!!! Say hello to my little friends!
Stanwell Sandblasted Billiard- 2010 Pipe of the year

Stanwell Sandblasted/Smooth Rhodesian- 2009 Pipe of the year

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I have just recently discovered Stanwell pipes, and I have to say I absolutely love them.
Those look to be some top notch purchases. Congratulations!!!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Nice score jeremy, glad to hear you added a couple quality briars to keep you company over there in Samurai Land. Thankfully, i punched my PAD right in the face when i went and looked at those ridiculously good deals on P&C and kept my fingers at bay from the hair trigger that is my mouse clicker. If i would've bought one, it would've been that Bing, that in my opinion is a great looking pipe and the best looking one out of the bunch of 'em.
Hope all is well over there brother, THANK YOU for your service!!!

verse

Lurker
Mar 6, 2014
Sounds like it would have been foolish to pass them up...and nobody wants to be foolish.
They are real beauties...love the billiard.
I got carried away last night after swearing I would stop buying pipes for a while...then proceeded to pull the trigger on my second Nording...an unsmoked billiard and a wicked deal to boot.
Hope you enjoy them!

landon

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2013
I just ordered one of those billiards today too. They look sweet. I got the 7mm version.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
picked up the smooth version of your 2010 at the same sale.
rode her like a rented mule all day yesterday and she never missed a beat...great smoker.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I love the smooth and blasted Rhodesian. Definitely let us know how it smokes when they arrive!

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
UPDATE:
Just finished a half bowl of Escudo out of the 09 Rhodesian. What a great smoke! By far the best bowl of Escudo I've had to date. The pipe was slightly smaller than what I imagined but it's surprisingly light and feels great in the hand. Out of the package the metal stampings were a bit tarnished and will need a bit of polishing. The sandblasting is beautifully done with nice rings and very smooth lines around the pipe. There are a few small pits in the blast and surrounding smooth rim, but nothing major. It's draws VERY smoothly and is just overall a comfortable pipe to smoke and even clench since its so light. I would highly recommend jumping on this incredible deal if you haven't already. I think I'll be dedicating this one to Va/pers.

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks for the update, I do love Stanwell's and both of the shapes you picked up appeal to me. I guess I should go see if the deal is still on.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
The billiard is a beauty, I have 3 stanwells and love them all. Congrats on your deal and no worries, your secret is safe with me!
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.