PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedreamer

Might Stick Around
Oct 29, 2012
I have several Stanwells all great smokers. They will be made in Italy now, so get the Danish ones while you can.

moonman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2014
I picked up the same pipe Jeremy, 7mm sandblasted Billiard. My ring was a bit tarnished as well but metal polish made quick work of that.

And yes, it is a very light pipe. Almost didn't seem like briar, very comfortable. Enjoying some Dunhill NC as we speak.
Wish I had also gotten the Sandblasted/Smooth Rhodesian with the Billiard...great prices.
Congrats on your pipes, enjoy.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks for the update - sounds great. Mine was also tarnished - but no worries. A polishing cloth took care of it. Mine is like yours in smokability, excellent draw and a great smoker (but I would expect nothing less from a Stanwell).

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
I saw this thread and took another look at the POTY's. I already took advantage of the deal and picked up a rusticated 2013, they threw in a tin of baccy too. This time around they are running a fathers day promo, $15 off $125. That got my attention I decided to get the smooth 2013. Next I want the 2010 7mm, got to round up some cash for that lol. Doubt I will smoke them. I have enough smokers some are just lookers LOL.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I love Stanwells and somehow most of my pipes are now Danish Stans. They look great and smoke sooooo well. They're easy to keep and there's so many styles it's ridiculous. Having said that, I'm having a bowl of DNR in the Kriswill Bernadotte I bought from Sam - it arrived today and it's a dream! Nearly 6 inches of beautiful handmade Dublin but only 29g; so light it's like it hardly exists. http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/new-restorations-for-sale5032014#post-60696. Straight into the rotation!
Andy

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
I'm surprised there are still pipes left in stock. People either hit their PAD budget limit already, or P&C has a s**t ton of pipes to sell!

Status
Not open for further replies.