Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I was looking for the email to Stanwell because I wanted to see if they would bring back the 2010 POTY shape. After a little research I found Stanwell is owned by Scandinavian Tobacco Group so I emailed them. Also, thanks Russ for your reply. Here is the email I received Dear Mr Poter
Thank you for contacting us.

I have been looking through our huge stock of pipes.

Although we have more than 800 different items I am sorry to say that we have none POTY 2010 left in our system.
Your request is duly noted and we will consider a re-production of the shape.
Kind regards / Med venlig hilsen

Hans Greibe Hansen

International Brand Manager
I hope they do bring this shape back. It seems to be very popular.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've been interested in a 2010 for a while. I consider it to be their most attractive POTY.
I prefer the rusticated version but here's a smooth(Says it's 2010 POTY but it doesn't appear to be the same dimensions as the partially rusticated):
Smooth 2010 POTY
Here's the one I would like to purchase:

002-034-5662.jpg

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Yep, that's the one I have fitzy. I'd like to buy a smooth one. It is a very attractive pipe. It just makes sense to bring it back.

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
Your timing for posting this is perfect. After all of the Bing chatter on the forum the last couple of days, I have conducted a few google searches trying to locate this very pipe. I had a chance to order one new a couple years ago and I passed, one of my many pipe regrets. I too, will write something to STG.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a really lithe elegant design. The trick is to drill it so the shank and stem are strong enough and still have plenty of airway for a pipe cleaner without capturing a bunch of fluff. If the pipe maker gets it right, these are a kind of perfection. Not many pipes look better.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
After reading this I'm really glad I picked up my 2010 rusticated Stanwell POY on cyber Monday. After the savings, and a coupon I had, I ended up paying about $50 for it. It's a beautiful pipe in person, have yet to smoke it though.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Would you be so kind as to share where, Gogosamgo?
Sorry about that! Purchased it from pipesandcigars.com, they apparently received a large batch of older stanwell stock, and so I decided to go for it during the cyber money sale, not to mention that they are/were giving free stanwell lighters with each purchase. Unfortunately I believe they are sold out of the 2010's now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.