PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Gentlemen:
Dan will update you all about the West Coast Show but here are the details on the release dates for the brands:
Pre-Order Books open on November 15th for all of Standard Tobacco's blends with P&C. Product will shipped out on December 1st 2015. That means you can order as much John Cottons 1&2, John Cottons Smyrna, Bengal Slices and War Horse as your heart desires. All tins are 50grams and as an added bonus the 1 oz War Horse plug with an incredible price point will be making a showing in early January 2016 so put that in your pipe and smoke it. For further information please check the Standard Tobacco website or just hassle Dan.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Just wrote Dan about something unrelated but ended off with a "WTF? Where I do go to buy?" comment.
Bless you, Condorlover.
Fnord.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That is good news. Will the blends be available elsewhere eventually? P&C doesn't ship to Canada unfortunately. :(

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Correction: Ship dates for Bengal Slices and War Horse will be January 1st, pre-order dates remain the same and are set at October 15th with John Cottons 1, John Cottons 1&2 and John Cottons Smyrna all available for shipping December 1st. There is no pre-order on the War Horse plug at this time but we will make an announcement regarding availability in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Do I stock up on Warhorse RR or do I wait until the plug becomes avalible...
Decisions Decisions.
Russ said the Ready Rubbed is a tamer version to reach a broader number of pipe smokers. The plug will be the kick ya in the teeth blend the original was.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I like the sound of that, has this plug advanced beyond planning, has anyone sampled it?
Pretty sure Dan said the plug is being worked on. They have some samples from 1971 I think he said to start from. I want to say Russ was anticipating it out sometime in January. Anyone with more accurate insider info feel free to correct me (my wife does it all the time I'm used to it now lol).

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
We recently acquired at great cost from Ireland a box of War Horse Plugs from 1980/81 which as far as we know was the last year the stuff was made. Dan had a bunch of them on display in a jar at the Las Vegas show. A perfect 1980/81 War Horse bar was sent down to Russ O about a month ago along with a fresh Condor plug for comparison. Unlike the pre-war plugs which we were donated earlier on in the project that formed the basis of W.H. loose cut these plugs were in excellent smokable condition and did not require state of the art analysis. We know now what Gallopers Tobacco was doing with this blend and accordingly we should be able to replicate it in short order to produce the N-Bomb so many people seem to crave. Expect an announcement early next year as this thing is coming to market very soon as we are committed to seeing this project through to fruition.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Thanks for the update, a recent foray into plugs has left me impatient for more. I'm looking forward to trying the other blends but I'm really stoked about the plug and hope all goes for you with it.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I think you should lauch the plug in Dublin.... Ah ye will ye will.. Go on,go on, go on..... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.