PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I know daylight savings in the winter has school kids stumbling around in the dark on their way to school so drivers can't see them. So standard time is needed. No mangled kids, we hope. Nonetheless, there is something so profoundly grim about early-early dark. It feels like 10 p.m. at 5:30. The happy thought here is, just a little over a month and we'll reach the longest dark, and after that, despite the winter weather, we gain a little light each day. Ah. Meantime, get some sunlight every day even if you have to walk around at lunch. Keep moving after dark. Mood-wise, it's a bummer, but temporary.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
olkofri, good for you! For some reason both my late wife and my wife have been owls. Neither have thought much about turning in until 1 a.m. I'm probably inclined to sleep at about 11:30, but haven't for most of my adult life. I'm not a 5:30/6 a.m. guy, but I do like to get up and moving. I'm the breakfast cook. I think I must have an owl personality because that is who I am naturally inclined toward. I really need daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies.