PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I bought an il Duca estate pipe of his that I've fallen in love with. To be just perfect, I wanted the same pipe, but larger. I sent max an email and we've chatted back and forth. He's made three matching pipes which he'll send to smokingpipes with instructions to contact me for purchase. And so there will be two more of these awesome pipes available for some other smoker. They're really stunning pipes! If anyone's interested let me know.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've been getting asked this. I know that smokingpipes sells this pipe in a smaller size, group 4'ish, the one I have, for $325. Assuming no general increase in pricing, I'm guessing they'll go for between $350-$400, but that's just a guess.
It looks like he did two in Cumberland. I'm likely going to take the one in the middle, but maybe the top one. Can't decide :(

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
If you're interested, when smokingpipes reaches out to me I'll pass along your info. I have no doubt they'll go FAST.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Nice looking smoking tools. I must consider getting some morta.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
WOW...that's a stunning trio of Bulldogs for sure! I'm really diggin' Morta pipes more every time I see one. :puffy:

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I've seen 4 or 5 of these become available over the last year or so and I have always been very tempted but somehow never pulled the trigger. I'm sure that if one of the previous ones had been 6", it would have been mine. These are beautiful with the Cumberland stem. I have an Alden Morta Bulldog already and it is wonderful.
Does the shorter one that you already have have an open draw? If you don't take the middle one, I may be interested.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
You never told us which one you picked. You have 2 of these now correct?
Who got the other two??

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I sold the one I had to a fellow member here and then ended up buying that Michael Parks bulldog instead :( it was a very difficult choice and I wish I'd had the resources for both. The one I intended to buy has since sold and I'm not sure whom the others went to. In the end I figured that Maxs pipes come up for sale quite often whereas an estate Parks pipes are quite rare due to very low production.

Status
Not open for further replies.