PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbates55

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2017
Square%20Deal%202-s.jpg

Hello all, here's a new pipe I'm working on that I'm calling Square Deal in a Poker style. The bowl is made from oak and the shank is from a MM cob pipe. I'm still thinking about how I want to finish the bowl. Thinking about rusticating it, any ideas? The chamber is 3/4" x 1 3/8"...

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
You could make the spade, club and hart smooth and rusticate around them to give them contrast. Or do the reverse and make the symbols rusticated and the rest smooth.

cbates55

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2017
Square%20Deal%203-s.jpg

It just needs some wax and a good buffing now. Maybe I will add a Spade, Club and Hart on it before I do that. It smokes really nice as it is right now.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Isn't a hart a kind of deer? I like that pipe, though. How does oak smoke? Does it add any kind of taste to the tobacco?

cbates55

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2017
Isn't a hart a kind of deer? I like that pipe, though. How does oak smoke? Does it add any kind of taste to the tobacco?

HAHAHA, your right, Hart is a type of of red deer.... it should of been spelled Heart.
There is a bit of a taste added, but that seems to be going away after a couple bowl fulls of tobacco. It isn't unpleasant by any means, but it might turn off some at first until it gets broken in. So far I'm enjoying this pipe and it smokes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.