Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
8k6rdY5.gif

New Sherlock this January. Also OMG all the pipe smoking... oh yes...

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/627952/Sherlock-Holmes-Benedict-Cumberbatch-Martin-Freeman

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I am looking forward to this. I just finished watching the last season.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
That looks really good, I think the new season starts 1/3/16 in the states. I need to see if we get BBC1 so I can watch it.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
The show is excellent. Very well done and I can't wait for its return.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
For viewers in the states that are fans of the series, wait for it...... BBC for the 1st time in history is allowing PBS to air this program on the same date and time!! So, if you are in the states, your local PBS station will air it 1/1/16 @ 9pm. The episode will be 90 minutes long.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Is this New Year Day showing a part of the current PBS series? Is it set in present day? Wow. I guess I'll have to catch up on this series. I've seen a number of the episodes but haven't watched any in a while. These PC Sherlock Holmes series' aren't keeping my interest...three patch problems aside.
Mike S.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
Mike, it is not part of the series, it is a one off special episode. A throwback to the ERA correct Basil Wrathbone if you will. This series, if you have not followed it, is quite good IMO. Being a Holmes fanatic, I have all of the older series on DVD, so this will be exciting to see in "period" if you will.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
The coolest part - is that it's been kinda PC with nicotine patches and cigarettes on occasion but this will be all pipes so I'm excited. Now the question is - what is the pipe that he's smoking.. where did he prop people get it?

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
This show is set in 1895. It is a "special Xmas episode" and not part of the regular series. I know of no announced date for when the next series releases will be. To my knowledge they have not been filmed.
This episode will be aired on Friday, January 1, 2016, at 9PM EST.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
The coolest part - is that it's been kinda PC with nicotine patches and cigarettes on occasion but this will be all pipes so I'm excited. Now the question is - what is the pipe that he's smoking.. where did he prop people get it?
I saw someone on GPSS on FB say it was a Mr Brog but I haven't confirmed yet.

Jun 4, 2014
I'm ready to watch, but my plans to sit and watch while puffing on my Peterson XL20 have hit a snag as I have a cold.
As for what make the pipe is I have not heard, but the shape looks like a Peterson 221.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I am excited to a really unreasonable degree about this program. I think Cumberbatch has to be rated with the best of those who ever played the role. I've enjoyed the contemporary settings of the new series, but to see these characters in a well-realized Victorian setting is going to be a treat.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
"but to see these characters in a well-realized Victorian setting is going to be a treat."
Absolutely. For me, it adds so much to the experience when people take the time to research and stage the story correctly for its era.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
I know of no announced date for when the next series releases will be. To my knowledge they have not been filmed.
Series premier for the new season is 1/3/16

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Okay, enough of this "new episodes on 1/3/2016". From the London Telegraph date 12/31/2015: ".....hanging like a delicious tease until the fourth series, commissioned but as yet unfilmed, arrives on our screens in 2017."

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Sherlock is a great show. Can't wait for more episodes.
Yes! Brett was Holmes. Love the Granada Holmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.