PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
To lurk, or not to lurk; that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous retorts, or, by posting, end them. To post, to lurk no more, and by by post we mean to venture into that exposure that knows no surcease, and the thousand taunts that posting is heir to. To post, to lurk no more. Aye, there's the rub.
Yup, some of us less to say than others. I lurk, therefor, I am.

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
To lurk, or not to lurk; that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous retorts, or, by posting, end them. To post, to lurk no more, and by by post we mean to venture into that exposure that knows no surcease, and the thousand taunts that posting is heir to. To post, to lurk no more. Aye, there's the rub.
Yup, some of us less to say than others. I lurk, therefor, I am

The Bard could not have said it better. Oh, wait, he did say it (sort of).

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
I have been a registered member since Nov.2009 and I have 559 post. I guess I qualify as a lurker.
I enjoy reading posts without commenting.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Lurkers -- sounds like a punk band. Maybe we should call them the Spectators or Auditors (although that's

a misnomer). The Lurkers sounds like they're going to buy up all the favorite blends. Confessions of a Lurker.

I guess those of us who post too much might be called the Chatterers or the Jabberers.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I was stalking this site for over a year when I finally decided to sign up and start posting and commenting. Since there are no clubs around me its nice to talk to people who also share my hobby. I also stalk the Youtube pipe community videos, but I don't think posting videos is for me. I'd rather just watch and comment here. Glad I decided to start getting involved on here.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Here I am!! :D

Fairly new here so I spend more time reading and gaining valuable knowledge than I do posting.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Of course, you've all been tricked now into posting, and therefore are no longer lurkers. What a dirty thing to do to a recluse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xybf3cG0_2Y

ctron

Lurker
Mar 25, 2013
I check this forum almost daily! I don't get to smoke nearly as much as I would like with my college being tobacco free, but only a few more years here and that has not stopped me from creating a nearly five pound cellar of tobacco. Not bad for a college kid on a budget, but no where near where I want it to be.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Any questions posted here are quickly addressed by the knowledgeable members
This sums up why I don't post that much. A lot of threads on here are simple questions that can be summed up in one or two responses. Now opinions, I have lots of those... :puffy:

msutton

Lurker
Jun 6, 2013
Memphis, TN
I am a lurker for the same reasons many have already posted... I come here to learn, and feel I don't have much to contribute being a relatively new pipe smoker (2 years). But, since I've been cajoled into actually posting, I'll add this little story: I was smoking my pipe outside a Cracker Barrel restaurant a few days ago. This day I was smoking Lane 1Q. A large family came out the door. There was a little girl about 7 or 8 years old at the rear who could not see me. She tugged on her dad's sleeve and said "Dad, it smells like marshmallows out here. It smells great." He just smiled and nodded at me and they continued on to their car. As one who generally feels self-conscious smoking in public, this was a positive experience that encouraged me to do it more often.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
I signed up today to make my contribution to the epic page count. Been reading threads for some time now, but still new to pipes and pipe tobacco.
Great idea for a thread too; allows a nice way for people to become engaged.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
It's weird, there are a lot of faces on here I recognize very well, but then note that they have been on for many years and have a surprisingly low post count. I posted a fair amount for the first few years. Life has gotten in the way and I now only post occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.