PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Some only post when they have something to cogent say, God bless 'em. Others, we know who we are, post when we have something to say, when we are feeling particularly wise, or we cannot refrain from posting a completely irrelevant observation. We are also the ones who seem to take particular joy from jousting with each other and find stimulus with some of the "trolls" who stop in from time to time for a bit of fun.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I joined a while back with the intention of posting often, but on one of my first posts, when I ventured an opinion I was roundly ridiculed by another member (since banned) and decided against too much participation.
OK, but the schmuck has been banned, so jump on in. We have people posting here who are ridiculed by numerous members and it doesn't stop 'em. We have people posting here who have never had a single unexpressed thought. We have people posting here...
Maybe I'll join the lurkers...

burg

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2012
I'm guilty of lurking. I enjoy sitting back and reading all the posts.

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
I read the forums almost every day though seldom post. I'm normally not talkative though.

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Lurker here! I seem to head over here, lurk, make the occasional post, then log off for months at a time, then head on over again. I can usually be found here when I've been bitten by the TAD/PAD bug... (Which, for anyone wondering, is the case now. A new pipe and two tins of baccy are winging their way over from the states as I type!)

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Guilty as charged. I joined a while ago and I visit the site every day. My posts and comments are few and far between. No reason in particular I'm just a man of few words.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Honestly guys, new blood is important to this forum. Post stuff about your pipes, your favorite tobacco, any hints that you may have accumulated over the years--its all good.
I joined a while back with the intention of posting often, but on one of my first posts, when I ventured an opinion I was roundly ridiculed by another member (since banned) and decided against too much participation.
Nachman
Really sorry about your experience with a member-it does happen from time to time. I do not know your original post so its difficult to make any judgement, but if that former member was kicked out, well, that should speak for itself.

schaum

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2014
Some only post when they have something to cogent say,(quote)
Any questions posted here are quickly addressed by the knowledgeable members, although I sometimes chime in with an opinion regarding a particular tobacco. I read here every day and enjoy it, seems someone usually has already posted my thoughts on a subject so I let it go.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
I visit often, but often don't post. Most of the time, because of work, I don't log on until pretty late in evening, so questions have been answered and comments made and there is not much novel to add.

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
There's not much I can contribute to threads yet as a new pipe smoker. I spend most of my time soaking up the information that gets posted here all the time. If there was some mechanism here to "upvote", "like", "agree", etc. with posts it would be much easier for members like myself to contribute in a small way.

Status
Not open for further replies.