PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I was a ffl holder for years and ran a shop other then being smoker friendly i was no different then any other shop in the stae or nation. i did take notice of a couple things though. 90% of my clients were smokers out of that 90% 60% smoked pipes 20% cigars and 10% cigs and 10% non smokers. the pipers were more friendly and smarter then the other smokers. other then that it seemd to be the pipe smokers all had facial hair of some sort

so looking back on pipe smokers and what not i found that the most smartest people in the world have been pipe smokers with fical hair so it got me thinking is there a connection in all this?

oh and pipe smokers seem to have a high ownership rate of firearms too. just something odd to think about

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Guilty. Well, I don't know about the smart part, but I do have facial hair, smoke a pipe and lawfully pack a pistol.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I'll put my name into the ballot to become part of the "most smartest" group of people on earth please lol
P.S. - It's incorrect to say "most smartest" Maybe I should be the stereotypical pipe smoking ENGLISH teacher!

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Guilty as well. As Baron said, I don't know about the smart part, but I too have facial hair and own a lot of guns. :D

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
the pipers were more friendly and smarter then the other smokers

Well I can srike up a conversation with almost anyone. I also tend to score high on tests, especially reading. I had a 12th grade reading level in the 4th grade.

it seemd to be the pipe smokers all had facial hair of some sort

I cant grow a good mustache or beard, I just get kind of a shaggy look, but I never shave until I have to.

pipe smokers seem to have a high ownership rate of firearms too

I own a .22 caliber rifle. I don't hunt, I just do target practice. I've always owned a gun of some kind though. I started with nerf, then a BB gun, then when I was 13 or 14 santa got me a real gun. I've just always liked guns. I'd have an arsenal if i could. I live out in the country so I can just walk into my back yard and do some target practice whenever I want.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Yeah, unfortunately the guns are in the hands of every sort of person there is.
I've sold almost all of my guns, except for the .45 springfield for home protection.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Facial hair: check

Guns: Check (also a fan of the .45 ACP round and a member of the Kimber Kult).

Most Smartest: the irony of this phrase is hilarious
"keep in mind my speak may not be percect i am just a good ol counrty boy"
It's not how one speaks, my friend, it's how one writes that's important here.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
then when I was 13 or 14 santa got me a real gun
I think that's just about the scariest damn thing I've ever read in my life!
That's how it goes here in North America Aussielass; even here in Canada with our gun-control legislation. With so many small and isolated communities, hunting is a necessary way of life for many of us. I was given a .22 for my 12th birthday, and sent off (with my pops) to learn to hunt. Of course, I lived in a small town in the middle of nowhere, Northern British Columbia, where running a trap line is still the most viable way to make a living for the majority of the 800 odd residents; and the risk of running into a grizzly on Main St. was very real.

Honestly, I'm surprised that life isn't similar for Australian youth; at least those living in the backcountry. You guys have the same vast expanses, a whole host of pest animals...never mind the numerous terrifying things that would love to leap out and snack on your limbs.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
I do have facial hair, smoke a pipe and graduated top of my class in college but I don't feel I'm any smarter than anyone else, Just a good finisher. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.