PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I just bought two more bent peterson's, a 314 and a 221. I was looking to by another pipe rest for them last night but then I had an idea. When my Grandfather passed away we went down to Florida and cleaned up the house. I got some of his old belts. Anyway, here it is.

S5000411.jpg

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Pipes are cool but what you did with your grandfather's belts are really cool. Preserving his memory!

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
That's great! I find that repurposing items into something other than what they were originally intended for is a great example of creativity and ingenuity. It nevery ceases to amaze me what people come up with.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Thanks guys. I just showed them to my mom and she said he really would have like that. I remember he also smoked a pipe when I was younger. Then he went to cigars and kodiak wintergreen.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That's a pretty neat way to remember your grandfather every time you use one of those rests, great save on something that probably been tossed or give away.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
great idea Spartan. Definitely one of the most ingenious things I've seen in a long while. Practical, nostalgic, and good lookin pipe rests. A fine tribute your grandfather. Good work. OOps pardon my blunder. wrong name. :oops: :oops:

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I dig them. Your grandfather had some stylin' belts. Another of those classically masculine things that is becoming harder and harder to find is a good belt.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
That's a great idea!

They turned out very well and will probably outlast you.

I might do that with my Dad's Senior Drill instructor's belt.

I've had it for years and it's just hanging there in my closet...

Simply brilliant!

:puffy:

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Glad you guys like it. I agree with you ohin3, a good belt is hard to find. The last two I have bought have been at a flea market where there is a guy that makes belts. The ones they sell at the major retail stores aint worth nothing.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I have seem similar leather pipe rests but didn't care for them. Those you made I like. They have some"patina" I guess you could say.

Status
Not open for further replies.