Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
It's happened again. Less than a month after buying a billiard Irish Harp, I see another Nording that I just have to get. I issued a post asking members if this pipe was worth getting--a lotta help you were! You all thought it was just a peachy pipe when I needed you gentlemen to tell me not to get it. So this acquisition is partially your fault. Never fear, you can make up for it by PMing me to donate to pay for this pipe. How do I beat this horrible ailment!?

burgandy.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Looks like somebody needs to work some overtime or turn a profit in the hobby to make up for it. I dealt a Peterson to get another Savinelli and a near mint Falcon. Always options to make the ends meet.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
LOL when I was in college there was a tobacco store on campus run by a very knowledgeable and helpful chap. Clearly he stood to profit the more pipes he sold, and I was definitely bit by the PAD bug. I passed the store every day on my way from class, and it seemed there was always a new pipe I was lusting over. One day he put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Son, I think you'll enjoy it more if you stop buying pipes and start smoking pipes." Cured me of PAD right then and there.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
There is only 1 way to stop PAD.

Put my name and address on the ship to for delivery.

Once you order several pipes and they don't arrive you no longer

get the sweet relief of a new pipe and you will be cleansed.
You're welcome.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'm not like some fellows who buy pipes just to collect them, although many indeed are works of art. I smoke each pipe I own. If I discover I'm not really smoking a given pipe, I sell it or trade it. I'd LOVE to have that "ballerina" pipe I saw--that pipe should be in a museum. And the Nice Pipes are great, but who has that kind of money?

Jan 8, 2013
Very nice, Sparrow :) Enjoy the heck out of it. You'll feel better about spending the money once you load her up with some good tobacco.

Jul 12, 2011
Like others have said...no cure for TAD or PAD...you might be able to push it off for awhile, but in the end yet another pipe and pounds of bacci show up at your door :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You could sell the Nording, but you won't. It's a great pipe. You'll be enjoying it years from now,

likely decades from now.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
There is a very simple cure for PAD, just start concentrating on building your cellar and let TAD take over. You can never cure them both but you can put one in front of the other. In September of 2012 I decided I needed to build my cellar so I put PAD on the back burner, concentrated on TAD until my cellar was complete and now I am back on the PAD train, see how easy it is to control PAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.