PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I am in Racine, WI, parked for the night. After checking in at the hotel across from the truck stop I went into the restaurant/bar for a grouper sandwich and a cold beer.
The sandwich was excellent, and the beer was as well. I stepped outside on the patio for an after meal smoke. I was about half way through my smoke when a truck driver called out to me and said that someone had hit my truck.
Ack!
I rushed across the street, totally forgetting the iPad sitting on the bar. Sure enough, some chucklehead had backed his trailer right into my grill. After giving the fellow some very choice words I grabbed the accident camera and shot several pics before letting him move his truck.
I got his license and insurance information and then called the Sheriff's department.
After getting all of the required accident information, the deputy then ran our licenses over the radio. A few minutes later a second cruiser pulled in. When I saw that I looked at the driver who had hit my truck and asked if he had a warrant. I was just kidding.
Turns out he did have a warrant as well as a suspended license. Bad day for him.
I called the insurance company and reported the incident to them and then returned to my beer. What a day!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Dang! It's about time for a run of real good luck for you . I think you have filled the bummer quota for the yer.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
That's a bummer for Saturday night entertainment... Glad that things

weren't worse. Time for some good things to happen.

w1nd0wl1cker

Might Stick Around
Apr 4, 2011
Mason I have a similar story, as I used to do drive OTR.
I was down in Laredo Texas waiting on a load in a Pilot truck stop. I was passed out in the sleeper and some guy from Werner pulled out and took my pass mirror off.
I woke up of course and had to run to stop the guy who tried to leave. He was acting real funny and begged me to not report it. I called it in of course and sure enough he had a warrant. I'm lucky he didn't try something stupid because with the threat of going to jail people can get crazy.
Be safe
Jay

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
The worst thing about that whole situation is that he interrupted a perfectly good patio pipe and beer moment!!! He should be dragged through the streets and burned alive for his insolence!

greggors

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2010
Mississauga ON Canada
The worst thing about that whole situation is that he interrupted a perfectly good patio pipe and beer moment!!! He should be dragged through the streets and burned alive for his insolence!

Nah the smell of burning flesh would make smoking a pipe a bad experience, I say tie his feet up to the back of your bumper and take a drive down the highway.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Exactly..your missing the point...the ipad was still there..that's good luck...really good luck. :)

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
The iPad was still there and nobody yelled at you for smoking a pipe, sounds like two good things right there. Definitely could have been worse.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
sounds like a jb hunt driver to me, they back up till they hear a crunch...

Status
Not open for further replies.