PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
First, if this is out of line, administrator please delete this post. I know nothing about cigars. I know there are a lot of folks on here who smoke cigars as well as pipes. My son loves cigars and I would like to maybe get him a sampler or something of 4 or 5 cigars as a Christmas gift. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
Here is a sampler I found at 4noggins but they are out of stock at the moment.
http://www.4noggins.com/CAO-Cuban-Press-Sampler.aspx
Again, please delete if this is our of line.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/75783/don-pepin-my-father-and-friends-sampler-iii/#p-129727
on back order too...
or
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/61237/don-pepin-garcia-my-father-sampler/#p-51158

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Also not sure what he has got as far as accessories but this is a great deal. They have the humidor with various kinds of cigars. I like brickhouse. http://www.pipesandcigars.com/samplers/84677/herf-go-brickhouse/#p-161152

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Is he the type who'd rather have a few decent cigars or a couple grand cigars. Quantity v Quality

Just felt the need to muddy the waters a little :)

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I would recommend Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature or Fuente Fuente Opus X Perfeccion X.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks very much for the information. He prefers one or two really good cigars as opposed to something else. I was talking to him today again and he once again mentioned a few of the really good Cubans he has been able to afford/obtain in the past. Cigars, like pipe tobacco, are very expensive north of the border.
Shaintiques, unfortunately Pipes & Cigars do not ship to Canada.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
As far as Cuban's Cohiba or H. Upmann are good choices. I cannot remember any of the names of the lines.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I smoke a box a week of Camacho Corojo Toros but also like to mix things up with Fonseca Cubana Limitada. These are full bodied cigars and in the $7.00 range. Montecristo is a real treat and in the $10.00 and up range. A nice cutter is always a welcome gift and Xikar cutters have a lifetime guarantee. If they need to be sharpened you send them back and 99.9% of the time they send a new cutter. With so many brands available today the options are overwhelming.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I picked up one each of these from the excellent folks at pipeandleaf.com

My go to tobacco source.
https://www.pipeandleaf.com/product-category/cigars/brick-house/
They fit the budget and they ship to my location.

Chris

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Montecristo #2, habano. They have a blueberry note I've never found in any other tobacco product...well aside from that one time in college in the hot tub with those two swedish exchange students...I think that was tobacco....
..wait...what were we talking about?

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
RG Santiago maduro. Pretty good smoki'n. They're about a size 52 rig gauge churchill. They've always been pretty good to me.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
These Belindas are my favorite right now, sell for about $10.
win_20151104_213333-600x337.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A few great cigars, which in this context means ones he really likes but maybe can't afford on a regular basis, is probably what's wanted here. Though in your place, maybe for a less grand gift occasion, I'd really be tempted to try him on a pipe with a nice tin of tobacco, nothing too fancy, maybe even just a cob. You might be surprised. He might be surprised!

butsushin

Lurker
Jul 16, 2015
he likes cigars

this will be a Christmas gift from father to son

father knows and respects a good/great tobacco

he prefers quality over quantity...
Cubans. period.
me saying after 20yrs into cigars and Cubans in particular (and switching to pipes and now leaving my humidors with 250+ cubans sitting idly in the office and at home...)

Cohiba is an obvious but boring choice though (and the most counterfeited item in the world by the way)

Vegas Robaina. Montecristo, RyJ, Partagas Serie P2 or D4 (the most sold cigar of the world) are strong but gooood, or H. Upman....
or go all the way and give him what Castro preferred: Trinidad Fundadores...
but if in your part of the word cubans are not a crime (US the country of freedom I know.....) then this is really a no-brainer. do not forget this is not pipe tobacco.....!
just my 2 cents of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.