PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
just got a couple to try out, and i love em! so much more comfortable to clench. and for me personally it is cutting down on the drool that happens when i am clenching my pipe and zone of into a painting or some sanding.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
yes i want to put one on every pipe now. any of the online places offer them in a bulk? ha.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I definitely use them on several bent clenchers. I enjoy those pipes while reading the paper, drinking coffee, etc. where both hands are in use. I just can't bring myself to clench down tightly on the bare stems. I recently traded for a bent Peterson Killarney with a p-lip, which clenches easily without the softy. This is a good reminder to pick up a few more softy bits.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I also use them on nearly all of my pipes. As I drive for a living, I clench a lot, and it is, as you say, far more comfortable.
Surgical tubing also works, and for pipes with a bit too small for the softy bits I have used shrink tubing and it works quite well too.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
I clench all the time. consider softies the jaw saver deluxe. They aren't for every one but I couldn't imagine clenching without them anymore. you may want to ask strongirish his source. he buys them in all the time.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
I wanted to like them, but I just can't get past the awkward feeling, and also the pipe tends to slide when it is in my mouth....I guess I just don't clinch down hard enough....I'm probably to used to letting the pipe rest gently on my teeth.
But of course that depends on the weight of the pipe being smoked, my pipe is very light in weight, if I smoked a big bulky heavy pipe, I may use the rubbers, but as of now, I don't like them.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
Pipe smoking is a very individual thing.
Pipetrucker...I know that, which is why I only gave my opinion brother.
I hope that you are not one of those people that do not like to be disagreed with?

Sorry if I disagree with your opinion, but I only wanted to give mine that is all...no big deal... 8)

mukihr

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2011
yes - they are really nice for several reasons - however it seems that not everybody likes them :)

i am also searching for a bulk package to order :)

regards

daniel

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Pipetrucker...I know that, which is why I only gave my opinion brother.
I hope that you are not one of those people that do not like to be disagreed with?

Sorry if I disagree with your opinion, but I only wanted to give mine that is all...no big deal
LOL not at all. I was more or less responding to your "wanted to like them" comment. I think you misinterpreted the thought behind my response (very easy to do with just the written word). The whole idea of a forum is to exchange thoughts, ideas, and opinions. If we all agreed all the time it would be damn boring, don't you think?
The "do what works for you" is more or less my mantra when it comes to the many, many choices available to those of us who enjoy the pipe.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
Pipetrucker.....very cool reply indeed, you have my utmost respect.. 8)

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I Tried them. Uncomfortable and I found that I drooled more unlike Jasongone. I got some to use to keep my pipe from slipping out of my teeth. Have an upper full denture. I have found a better way. Got some heat shrink with adhesive inside. I cut it about 1/8" long and using heat shrink it down right in front of the button. It does not move around due to adhesive. Works great for my purpose. I have never had a problem with making tooth marks on the bits. If anyone has the same problem I do, I would recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.