So What Beverage Do You Enjoy During Your Puffing Time?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

nscoyote

Might Stick Around
Oct 19, 2013
As the title suggests, What beverage do you partake in while smoking your pipe?
my go to preference is a coffee concoction i like: in a 1 qt beer mug 3 heaping tablespoons of carnation rich and creamy hot chocolate mix, fill till 3/4" from the top of glass with strong coffee, then top up with coffeemate brand vanilla-caramel creamer. For the once in a blue moon times that i want a more spirited beverage a nice chilled tawny port makes its way to my hand.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Before noon- coffee

Noon to 4:00 PM- water

After 4:00 PM- Scotch on the rocks

It's a simple regimen that seems to work for me as the ingredients are simple.

driver

Lurker
Aug 17, 2013
Take the Old Cajun's advice on this one. I started having a Creme Soda with my smoke and it's the best decision I've made since picking up the pipe in the first place.

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
Don't laugh, but I really enjoy sipping some ice cold (nearly frozen) lowfat milk when I'm piping. For whatever reason, both the baccy and the milk taste better together than alone.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Coffee, tea (hot or iced), or water.
Very rarely do I like anything carbonated while smoking. If I'm smoking a new tobacco or cigar that I've never tried before I usually always stick to water.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
Mornings Peet's coffee. After noon and into the evening water and an occasional beer.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
In the daytime, sweet warm tea. I find it reduces the tendency to tongue bite with 'bright' VAs. I believe this is due to the high concentration of anti-oxidants in tea (pipe smoke has oxidants +++). At night, either red wine or port serve well (both high in anti-oxidants).

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
First thing, the only coffee I drink a day (to wake me up).
All day, water. Maybe a Coke or something at lunch.
Evening, either Whisky/Bourbon or cider (or sometimes a combo of the 2).

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Generally coffee or tea for me too.
Exception to my rule the other night I had some young coconut juice while having a pipe...I don't think I'll mix the two again. I like the stuff, just not at the same time as a pipe.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Coffee early in the day, water/soda/tea during the day and bourbon/whisky at nite.
Last nite I had a bowl of LA Red with some Crown Royal (clean) ... quite nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.