So I Tried The Peterson (Dunhill) Deluxe Navy Rolls....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Which reminds me, I have an unopened tin of the Dunhill version for some years now, so I need to try that. It should be getting very good. I know people will have comments as they get used to the Peterson versions, but eventually I predict we will prefer having these than abandoning the line altogether. Even blends produced continuously by the same makers fluctuate in terms of different seasons of crops, different sources, changes in staff, and so on.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
For those who haven't smoked it, Mac Baren's Acadian Perique is a rose among thorns.

+10

A) You recommended it B) Inks gives 4/4 == C) I buy several tins rather than a single sample

A pound of Acadian Perique can be had for $55 or so. Well worth it!

The whole MacBaren HH line is very good.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I was one of the unfortunates who got bit badly by Mac B’s. I think it was a straight VA, and without looking it up I can’t remember. Even if I tried to find it I might not recall...

It’s scared me away from Mac B until I found ODF. And just a few months ago their Bold Kentucky. If those had nutritional value I wouldn’t have to eat.

All this to say now that I’m way more experienced with Virginias I need to re-visit the entire Mac Baren’s line.

Especially since BROBS has me rethinking aromatics. Keelhaul him!

S

sunriseboy

Will you tell me what model that Peterson is, in the first message you put up.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I was one of the unfortunates who got bit badly by Mac B’s. I think it was a straight VA, and without looking it up I can’t remember. Even if I tried to find it I might not recall...
For me it was Virginia No. 1, the Danish flamethrower. I recently found a couple of ounces that I had relegated to the furthest recesses of my storage bins after it had scorched me back in 2010 (or beyond). Still bites, though not as much as it used too, probably due to the calluses I had developed on my tongue rather than aging.

Reactions: edger
S

sunriseboy

OK. So what is a good Va. that is similar in style but a better quality leaf?

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
DLNRs is the first VaPer I tried and converted me from the first coin. Ever since I've tried a fair number of VaPers but none gave me what DLNRs did, that intense sweetness.

My gripe with it is that it's fairly expensive, and not available bulk...

Reactions: TheWhale13
S

sunriseboy

You've got no idea of what expensive is, when it comes to tinned tobacco.
Here in Oz (and you can check this on Tobacco Blends) a 50 gram tin costs $120. That's just on $85 US money.
So please, enough of these 'expensive' tears!

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
You've got no idea of what expensive is, when it comes to tinned tobacco.
Here in Oz (and you can check this on Tobacco Blends) a 50 gram tin costs $120. That's just on $85 US money.
So please, enough of these 'expensive' tears!

No tears, it's a fact that Peterson (Dunhil) DLRNs are more expensive than other VaPers, that's all I said. Actually I do know about AUS pricing because it's been brought up here before.

Reactions: TheWhale13
S

sunriseboy

Yeah, I guess it's all relative. When fuel goes up twenty cents a litre hear we all raise our eyebrows. But in Europe it's two and half times more expensive than here.

opus777

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 12, 2018
How does the new Peterson DLNRs compare/taste to the discontinued Dunhill DLNRs? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.