So I Tried The Peterson (Dunhill) Deluxe Navy Rolls....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Awesome! I’d have loved to have tried the original Escudo... Regardless, it’s a matter of time until I’ll have tins of the new Peterson Dunhills on the stack.

To be honest I’m holding off just a bit. I know it’s the same recipe, but, you know... I’ve yet to try Nightcap at all! Am looking forward to trying it, as well as comparing EMP.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
Escudo took some time to grow on me. It wasn't until my maybe 8th try at it that it finally made sense.

That being said, there are a lot of other blends I find superior. I too have only tried the current formula with some minor age (3yrs).

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I just received a tin of dnr in the mail but was thinking about letting it marinate for a little while. I recently tried escudo and thought it was good but might could use a little age. So far my favorite vaper is telegraph hill.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yeah I wish I could have tried the old. But new vs new PNR are better IMO. The Escudo has a “burnt rubber” character to me with a bitter finish. These PNR have a bready delicious beginning and the flavor doesn’t fade or get weird. Obviously everyone’s tastes are different but I wonder how much Escudo is smoked because everyone “loves” Escudo?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Sable do you have any of these ladies but goodies that you speak of? I would love to sample and compare for myself if you can spare a few bowls!?
I’m down to my last few tins and have no plans to smoke any of it in the near future. When it’s gone, it’s gone. I’m sure as hell not paying $140 for a replacement tin. And unlike the STG version, the Petersen version only improves with age. Check back in five to ten years.puffy

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I’m down to my last few tins and have no plans to smoke any of it in the near future. When it’s gone, it’s gone. I’m sure as hell not paying $140 for a replacement tin. And unlike the STG version, the Petersen version only improves with age. Check back in five to ten years.puffy
Will do and please keep me in mind when you crack'em open!

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.