PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, you are completely mistaken. I look totally dapper in any kind of head wear, my problem is I hate wearing hats, it hides my long flowing locks and makes my head itch.
I totally understand why Kevin does not want t shirts or mugs of other things of this nature. He does not want a bunch of old pipe smoking geezers walking around and embarrassing his brand. He is of course way to nice to tell you guys the truth.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
cigrmaster, you are absolutely right. I wouldn't want to see me walking around with a shirt advertising PM. It would scare off potential members. It would scare off current members.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I love you guys!
I also love Cortez' merchandise parodies, and that is currently the only authorized logo / promo PM merchandise - pretend, funny stuff.
I really do appreciate the thoughts, ideas, and enthusiasm. However, from a business standpoint, even though this has come up at least a few times before, I am sticking with my original decision.
I am in the digital publishing, broadcasting and advertising business.
The resources required to properly design product, fulfill orders, and deal with customer service to the high-quality level I would demand would be a losing proposition when you crunch the numbers.
I definitely understand the marketing implications, but for where I am at with my business right now, I'm not doing anything at a loss. (Hence the closure of BriarBid.com, which is obviously a different topic, but just another example.)

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
That would be a "NO".
Excerpt below is from the RULES
Unauthorized PipesMagazine.com Merchandise
5. We cannot have unauthorized production of any type of goods or services with the PipesMagazine.com name on them.
PipesMagazine.com is copyrighted intellectual property.
Anything that is developed, produced, marketed or distributed with the PipesMagazine.com name or likeness must either be owned by or licensed by Right Click Media, LLC and authorized by Kevin Godbee.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
:crying:
Dad came home and made us all stop playing fun.
HAHA - Just kidding Kevin. I've got two companies and I totally understand where you're coming from. That's why I bought a new iPad, some duct tape, and a white hanes. I pull up the PM.com homepage, tape the thing to my chest and walk around with it. WALA! Authorized PM.com T-Shirt....they're a little pricey though....

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
All this talk just raises the value of my PM 2012 meer. I have a collectors item!
Yea....I'm REALLY pissed I missed out on that thing. I definitely could have afforded one this year. Last year just wasn't good (new apartment, and starting a Master's program, and starting a new company...ugh!)
Hindsight's a b!tch

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Without using any Pipes Magazine logos etc. a basic t-shirt idea that I think is fitting for all pipe smokers is;
"Got Pipe Cleaners" with a picture of some pipe cleaners.
As they say, you can never have to many pipe cleaners.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I think now that Kevin has responded...again.....we can close this puppy down. Mark your calenders down for next years T-shirt thread to reappear

Status
Not open for further replies.