PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
As I await work to begin on my first ever commissioned pipe, I've decided to go ahead and order my second seeing as the wait is long. As far as North American pipes go, I don't think there's better. I love his take on things. I've recently become enamoured by the squat straight bulldog. As far as finish goes, his mixed smooth/blasts are stunning. Size wise I asked for no smaller than a generous 4. I also want aspects of astronomy, using Metorite material he has available... perhaps on the collar. Still an early work in progress :) tis fun working this stuff out. Really curious, given my specs, what he comes up with.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Can't wait to see what he does! I'm continually blown away by his work!

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Congrats on that. I can't wait to see pictures.

Did you trade your warehouse of Stonehaven and Penzance for it?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Lol I did not... But might have to. Michael Parks is all hung up on exchanging his work for small government issued pieces of paper. Nonsense I say! ;)

Dec 24, 2012
Can't wait to see it.
Still a few of these left, with more to come.
https://pipesandtobaccosmagazine.com/store/?wpsc_product_category=2015-pipe-of-the-year

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Ah so that's what he was talking about. He'd mentioned he'd quite literally just finished those. So rare to actually see his pipes up for sale! In the past year I've seen three hit the market and those vanished instantly. I've never seen a Morta by him. Those are seriously nice!!! I've yet to see a single one of his pipes that I would love to own.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Must... resist... PAD....
http://www.parkspipes.com/pipe-gallery/2013/4/30/sb-authour-914

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Fernand, the author is one my favorite shapes as well. The pipe I ordered from Parks many months ago which he's about to begin work on which I refer to as my "Montana Pipe" is an XL sz5 Diplomat, the authors muscular cousin, done with his signature take on classical shapes, and with a mix of smooth/blast and a xtra wide collar made from Mammoth bone... I can't wait to see it!!
To anyone who's never commissioned a pipe, I HIGHLY recommend the experience. Assuming you like his style, you give him the basics or specifics on what you want and he comes back, not only with exactly what you want, but what you didn't know you wanted. The seriously l o n g wait, near a year, isn't as bad as I'd expected. I love having something to look forward to all year and purposefully tried to time it such that I'll receive the pipes around Xmas/New Years. I can quite easily see this becoming a tradition, purchasing only one pipe per year, only from Michael for as long as I can. Looking through his photos, I can't imagine growing tired of this.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The anticipation of the commission is almost as good as the finished work. Feel like a kid on Christmas morning when I get that message that my annual surprise pipe from Bruce Weaver is finished. Really looking forward to seeing how that meteorite material looks!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I bought an Estate Parks from Smokers Haven and was so impressed with it that when Peck said he had a Parks that was too big to smoke I offered to buy it. Here it is its big, 8,5 inches long, bowl 3 inches high. It's a football watching pipe , load it up and watch the whole game, Oh I have 2 Commisions in the works.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Man you guys have some lovely pipes, in person and in the pipeline. Congrats!
I have pipe envy. I did, however, get to see those P&T POTY in person before they left his shop. They are remarkably consistent pipe to pipe, and those naturals are really stunning.
-- Pat

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Brad, you must be a much different football watcher than me. I can see burning down the house easily watching Tigers or Saints. I jump around, scream, and gasp often. I've nearly felt like I was dying accidently inhaling some Gaslight and I've rained sparks everywhere jumping up. So now it's a bowl before and a bowl after.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Brad, that is a gorgeous pipe man.

I have an author in strawberry wood that I got from Ryan Alden and it is one of my favorite smokers. I really like the Author shape.
Congrats again to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.